We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Swimming Beach in Hot Springs?

Which Hot Springs hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis, MO
reviews: 5
Best Swimming Beach in Hot Springs?

Hi everyone,

We'll be traveling to Hot Springs for Memorial Day weekend. The weather looks to be perfect and I'd like to take my two preschoolers to a beach to swim and play at one of the lakes. What do you think would be the best one to visit? Something sandy, not too rocky would be ideal. Any suggestions would be welcome! Thanks!

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
reviews: 225
1. Re: Best Swimming Beach in Hot Springs?

Lake Hamilton is not my most favorite swimming lake though I do take my kids tubing there. - But it is by far your closest option. You will need to go to Hill Wheatley Park on Lake Hamilton at 688 Majestic Lodge Road. Don’t expect too much, but kids def have fun there. My choice of swim lakes is DeGray, but it is at least a half hour maybe much more, depending on your location in HS. The Highway 7 Corps of Engineer recreation area is one example of a nice beach. In 2007 the National Recreation Reservation Service selected the Highway 7 Recreation Area as one of America’s Top 25 Picnic Areas, There were some flood conditions and some of the sand is in the water – Don’t expect Florida beaches, but it is still nice. Lake Ouachita State Park is another option but it too is at least a half hour and maybe more again depending on your location is HS. Both DeGray and Ouachita are known for cleaner water and pretty scenery.

Degray Lake Highway 7 park and beach

…army.mil/visitors/projects.cfm…

Lake Ouachita State Park, arkansasstateparks.com/lakeouachita/#.UZ4NrG…

2. Re: Best Swimming Beach in Hot Springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 25, 2014