We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterproof camera bag

Portsmouth, United...
Waterproof camera bag

Hi,

We are off the Maldives this September then again in February. We have two compact digital cameras. One that we use fairly often and one that just sits in a draw unused as its not quite as good.

Does anyone have any experience of using waterproof camera bags? Do they ruin the picture quality/make the camera to hard to use?

Obviously we don't want one that's going to leak (mainly because it would break the camera and stop us taking more photos, the camera itself isn't worth much and wouldn't be a big loss) but at the same time we don't want to shell out for a 3rd camera as we already have two we are happy with.

Any recommendations would be welcomed :)

United Kingdom
reviews: 22
1. Re: Waterproof camera bag

Hi

I have used a Aqua pack waterproof camera bag on my canon on 2 visits to the Maldives with no problems ,I am more than happy with the performance of this product.

Good luck

Darryl

United Kingdom
2. Re: Waterproof camera bag

http://www.aquapac.net

Good luck

Darryl

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
reviews: 67
3. Re: Waterproof camera bag

seen many people use those plastic bags in the Maldives, they looked quite happy with it ( i wouldn't dare put my dslr in one of them, but i guess for a compact its ok.

Why dont you use buy an underwater camera instead? on amazon you can get a decent underwater camera for 100-200euros.

United Kingdom
4. Re: Waterproof camera bag

I saw a few people with water proof compacts on vilamendhoo trying to dry them out ;-) I think you get what you pay for with

compacts ,the bag is a very good alternative IMO

Trust me they are fine ;-)

Good luck

Darryl

Edited: 12:03 pm, May 29, 2013
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka, Maldives
reviews: 67
5. Re: Waterproof camera bag

#why don't you buy an underwater camera instead?

sorry, was too late to correct on the previous post :)

Edited: 12:05 pm, May 29, 2013
Portsmouth, United...
6. Re: Waterproof camera bag

Thanks for the advice :)

How much did you pay for your bag if you don't mind me asking.

Been looking on Amazon and not sure if the one with a solid lens is worth the extra cash or not.

United Kingdom
7. Re: Waterproof camera bag

Hi

The bag with the round solid bit is for your pop out lense ,that's the one I have and its worth the extra ;-)

I payed £30 about 4 years ago

Darryl

Edited: 12:36 pm, May 29, 2013
United Kingdom
8. Re: Waterproof camera bag

item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem…

amazon.co.uk/gp/…

Edited: 12:41 pm, May 29, 2013
Cardiff, United...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Waterproof camera bag

Hi Thok,

I ordered this Overland zoom bag at the weekend; it arrived yesterday and has been tried out in the bath with no leaks at all. Take a look at the videos on this link to see the product and footage of a turtle taken with it. I found mine on ebay for around £17.

over-board.co.uk/waterproof-zoom-lens-camera…

Looking forward to using at Reethi Beach in a couple of weeks.

Hope that's a help.

10. Re: Waterproof camera bag

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:35 pm, August 06, 2013