We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Speedboat transfers

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 92
Speedboat transfers

We are going to Kuramathi for the second time in November. Last time we paid extra for the seaplane transfers, which was lovely.

This time (money is tighter) we are getting speedboat transfers and I just wondered if anyone who has taken speedboat transfers could tell me about them-is it the same type of boat that you go on sunset cruise on? Or the boat they take you from the seaplane landing bit to the island?

Our flight gets in at 8.20am (glasgow-Dubai-male with emirates)-has anyone been on this flight and did you have to wait long to get the boat?

Is it generally very choppy? I don't get sea sick but might take an anti sickness tablet incase.

Do you just go straight from airport to boat dock? If we have to wait for boat outside I will take sunblock in hand luggage.

Please don't say to upgrade to the seaplane because its not an option. Asking questions so I'm prepared for the boat!

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
11. Re: Speedboat transfers

www.globalholidays.co.uk/product.php?xProd=23

Various timings about the boats..... This is one . I do remember when we went we had to take the plane due to our flight timings

Glasgow, United...
12. Re: Speedboat transfers

I found it on expedia about the boat only running between 9am and 4pm.

Just found this - tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g608516-i10783-…

So hopefully Ian is right about them sorting everything so you get to male on time on departure. I don't even care about breakfast as long as we make the plane. It would also be a blessing not spending a lot of time at the airport because it is such a rubbish airport!

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 235
13. Re: Speedboat transfers

but if the boat does not start running until 0900 , and your flight leaves at 0955 how do you expect to make the flight as the boat takes 1 hr 30 as a minimum?

Glasgow, United...
14. Re: Speedboat transfers

I'm hoping that Expedia is wrong! I've read reviews that sound like people have been taken on the boat earlier than 9am.

Has anyone had an early flight back so have first-hand experience of this?

London, United...
reviews: 1
15. Re: Speedboat transfers

Hi laura

When we returned back from kuramathi 2 months ago we got our speedboat at 6.30 am, luckily sea was calm for us :-)

Enjoy your holiday

Amy

Glasgow, United...
16. Re: Speedboat transfers

That's great news, thanks Amy. So excited now...only 48 days:)

Ledbury, United...
reviews: 17
17. Re: Speedboat transfers

No experience of Kuramathi sorry but certainly the boats that leave Ellaidhoo (which is 6km further from Male than Kuramathi and perhaps the only other island that offers both modes of transfer - it takes over 90 minutes on a good day) left around 6am to meet the morning flights, mainly theThomsons flight but also some guests were going for the earlier Emirates flight. I can't see Kura not laying on similar timed speedboat transfers - if in doubt email them to check.

I couldn't find Kura on Expedia despite trying various dates so not sure what they might have been getting at.

18. Re: Speedboat transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi
Recent Conversations