We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sri Lankan Airlines

Newcastle upon Tyne...
reviews: 42
Sri Lankan Airlines

so just a quick story and I can't decided wether this is worrying or not so would be pleased to have opinions of others. I went on to the SLA website to see if i could book seats online. i entered our booking code given by Kuoni and hey presto as well as our names the names of 13 other passengers booked on the same flight with Kuoni (we imagine) came up as well.the website won't let us book seats unless we book for everyone else on that list ( we didn't) but i guess if we'd been so inclined we could've caused havoc by just putting people into any old seat.Just kinda made me feel a bit unsafe or some odd reason.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
reviews: 43
1. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

That's not good. There is no way that they should be publishing other people's name on their website! It sounds like it is rooted in the fact that Kuoni do a block booking and then assign it to specific passengers nearer departure. If they had entered the pasenger names then they should have split the bookings off into the individual groups. It could be a problem at the Kuoni end or at the SLA end, not sure.

Oxford, United...
reviews: 26
2. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Hi

Not good at all. Agree with above comments. It is possible that Kuoni gave you a wrong code. You should have had a Locator Code which identifies you. Possibly, Kuoni gave you a "block" locator code that identifies everyone.

Airlines are usually scrupulous about NOT giving out passenger names etc.

OD

London, United...
3. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Wow... that should NOT have happened. I know in the past when we have booked with Kuoni, we have not been able to book seats with SL because Kuoni do a 'block' booking. Something has most definately gone wrong. Have you contacted both Kuoni and SL to ask about the problem?

SL

Bristol
4. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

When are your flights?

I just checked ours and I have the same situation, I can see names for both outbound and inbound (11th & 25th July). So unless we are on the same flights it sounds as if it's Sri Lankan and not Kuoni that is the cause.

Yorkshire, United...
reviews: 32
5. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Having seen your post I've just checked our locator numbers given to us by Kuoni on SLA website. It came up with our booking, fortunately it only has the six passengers in our group. We don't travel until November. Thanks for posting as I never thought to try the locator number on SLA website. It's actually done me a favour. I'm actually quite relieved as it is showing the seats we have pre-booked. We have booked the supposed 'premium economy' cabin for the extra 50ppew. At the time of booking we were told we wouldn't get any confirmation until the airport, however up to now and over 6 weeks later, they still haven't taken payment. I was beginning to get worried they hadn't allocated us our chosen seats but now it's there in black and white.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

Newcastle upon Tyne...
6. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

We travel on the 17th July. it just worried me that i now have the names of all 17( or so) passengers booked with Kuoni on our flight and it figures if I have their details then they can access ours. i suppose if i had the time or the energy to try and become a computer geek (way Way beyond my capabilities) then i could access any other info out there on any of those passengers, credit cards etc etc.It somehow just doesn't seem safe.Might try and ring Kuoni tonight to sort things out.

have a good day everyone

Helen

Oxford, United...
7. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Hi Helen

I guess it could also mean that if another passenger decides that they prefer their seat to yours that they could do an electronic swap. If this was the case I would be none to pleased.

OD

Bromley
reviews: 1
8. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Hi,

I went on line weeks ago and pre booked my seats only to find yesterday that someone has changed my seat numbers and taken the original pre booked seats for themselves. I cannot understand how because I used the locator reference number and thought this number was personal for each person travelling. I am furious and obviously when I am on the plane will ask the people sitting in my orginal pre booked seats how they got them.

Newcastle upon Tyne...
9. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Check the locator number. when you booked your seats did you get the names of everyone else on your flight with that locator number, if so then the locator number IS NOT unique to you.We eventually rang SLA and have pre booked Premium Economy seats, we checked last night and we have been allocated seat numbers. Ring Sri Lankan and have a word with them.Did you book thru Kuoni ??

Oxford, United...
10. Re: Sri Lankan Airlines

Frog

Did you try swapping the seats back again?

OD