We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room type videos & transfer options

London
Room type videos & transfer options

Hello,

I've seen a few questions about room types on the forums. I had the same questions when making our booking for early May and chose a water villa with jacuzzi. Have a look at these videos on YouTube. They look recent so may be of help to you all!

Water villa with jacuzzi

www.youtube.com/watch…

Superior beach villa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mT6YNSZ0jc

Can anyone recommend the best location for a water villa with jacuzzi? I'm looking for the quietest and most private one.

Would also appreciate feedback on speedboat vs. seaplane transfer. I've read some stories about small boats in choppy waters...?

Ellen

Liverpool GB.
reviews: 5
1. Re: Room type videos & transfer options

Hi Ellen

Take it you are talking about Kuramathi

Transfers are normaly included and are organised by your agent / resort, if not you sort yourself.

T/fer from Male to Kura is almost 2 hours depending if they use a large or small boat--seaplane is only 15 -20 minutes

UK
reviews: 9
2. Re: Room type videos & transfer options

Hi Ellen,

I am just back from Kuramathi and did the journey out there by speedboat and the return by seaplane. The speedboat used was fairly large. There were 6 of us on it but room for double that number sitting outside. All the luggage was put inside and we were not offered the option of sitting inside so I can't comment on what that was like. The journey took less than an hour and a half and was not particularly bumpy at all but it was very noisy and windy! There is very little to see except close to Male and it was pretty boring.

By comparison the seaplane is also very noisy (and cramped) but more fun and you do get more of a view. In terms of time however - yes, it is only about 15 - 20 minutes in the air but the whole journey amounts to approx 1 hour or more. The seaplane dock is quite some distance from the main airport terminal so you have to be transferred by bus. At the island the seaplane cannot dock at the main jetty but involves a white knuckle transfer between plane and floating pontoon and then a boat to the island itself. This all takes extra time. The experience may be worth the extra cost but don't let time alone decide.

Sorry I can't really help with your question on the water villas. If you have seen the resort map on-line you will have seen that they are in 4 blocks and it might be argued that to be at either end of a block could offer slightly more privacy as you would only have one neighbour but you should be aware that some of the snorkelling channels are sited between the blocks so you are more likely to get people passing beneath you at those points.

London, United...
reviews: 25
3. Re: Room type videos & transfer options

That's really helpful, and so are your posts in other Kuramathi forums. It's nice to know these things before departure. Thanks!

4. Re: Room type videos & transfer options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:29 pm, September 10, 2010