We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

New York City, New...
reviews: 23
kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

my husband and I are thinking of booking Kuramathi but something weird is bugging me... there are no lounge chairs or umbrellas on the beach in any of the photos. My husband called them and they confirmed they do not have lounge chairs or umbrellas. One of my favorite things to do on holiday is fall asleep on a comfy chair on the beach under an umbrella. Do they really not have chairs? Did this bother anyone else?

Berkshire
1. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

There are 2 plastic chairs with your room number on on the beach but no loungers or umbrellas.

I stayed in the lagoon end of the island and there are loungers at the end of the jetty where I sunbathed most days.

Berkshire
2. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

Just to add, take a couple of lilos instead to lie on on the beach, there is plenty of shade around the vegetation so not really any need for umbrellas.

uk
reviews: 3
3. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

Hi

Kuramathi has bucket chairs which are the most uncomfortable things to get in an out of! As the island is changing and lots of refurbishment taking place, they may have plans for the new Kuramathi Island to have sunbeds but this would not be until after the renovations. Renovations are due to be completed in November, however this is likely to delayed going by past experiences in the Maldives.

I have seen the new fact sheet for the new Kuramathi Island and some of the new room categories such as Beach Villa's advertise sun loungers.

If you go on www.kuramathi.com you can download the new concept.

If you are going before it is finished then I would say there would be no sunbeds.

travel industry
4. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

Just got back yesterday and you dont have loungers but you do have chairs. Jus put 2 together and get under a palm tree in the shade

Austria
reviews: 1
5. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

Just returned from Kuramathi, now there are some sunbeds plus umbrellas near the new pool area in the village.

London, United...
6. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

We stayed there between 27 Nov - 12 Dec 2009. The resort has a lot of construction work and most of villas are being refurbished. Beach villas and deluxe beach villas have a couple of faux wicker sun beds with matrasses placed on the terraces. These are very comfortable and can be carried for you to the beach by your room boy or housekeeping staff. The only disadvantage is that they are rather bulky and not very easy to carry around if you like to move around the beach/island. There were only 2 umbrellas around the infinity pool area during our stay and the area was rather crowded anyway but the beach on the lagoon side has a lot of shade you prefer it. I would however draw your attention to my comment about the construction works - at the time of our stay these needed some 2-3 months to complete. Also, the overall quality of staff and service is poor for Maldives, perhaps as a result of the recent change in management and consolidation of the previously three independent resorts on the island under one umbrella.

London, United...
7. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

We stayed there between 27 Nov - 12 Dec 2009. The resort has a lot of construction work and most of villas are being refurbished. Beach villas and deluxe beach villas have a couple of faux wicker sun beds with matrasses placed on the terraces. These are very comfortable and can be carried for you to the beach by your room boy or housekeeping staff. The only disadvantage is that they are rather bulky and not very easy to carry around if you like to move around the beach/island. There were only 2 umbrellas around the infinity pool area during our stay and the area was rather crowded anyway but the beach on the lagoon side has a lot of shade you prefer it. I would however draw your attention to my comment about the construction works - at the time of our stay these needed some 2-3 months to complete. Also, the overall quality of staff and service is poor for Maldives, perhaps as a result of the recent change in management and consolidation of the previously three independent resorts on the island under one umbrella.

8. Re: kuramathi: chairs on the beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 20, 2010