We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Which Kuramathi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Had an absolutely fantastic time at Kuramathi Cottage, got back on Saturday eve, went for 2 weeks

I did do a review and posted this on Monday on Tripadvisor but it's still pending.

Without wanting to retype the review, let me just say we loved it, people are so friendly, food was fantastic, waterbungalow was lovely with great snorkelling all over the place and lovely spa treatments

Took a few vid clips on our olympus digi cam if anybody's interested. Not 100% sure but think you can find it by going to http://www.tripadvisor.com/members/Ukgebe

and going to videos. Also got a few photos up, but as so much on island stays the same and there are so many other great photos already posted I thought I'd just post ones I thought was a bit different

Plus, a personal record for amount of pictures taken and brought back, 2 weeks, 2195 photos !

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 21
1. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Hi

Glad you enjoyed your holiday, cant find you video clips from that link though :-(

regards susie

Liverpool GB.
reviews: 5
2. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Agh the marvels of Digital.

London
3. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

okay, told you I wasn't 100% sure bout that link, so how bout this one:

www.tripadvisor.com/members-videos/Ukgebe

south yorkshire
reviews: 3
4. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Hi I go to kuramathi cottage on sunday!!! first time in maldives-any tips would be helpful-what was weather like while you were there as ive been checking and it says rain everyday-not bothered too much but would be helpful-also any particul;ar food you liked? cheers

London
5. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Lucky you, enjoy your stay

Weather was good, had 12 days where it was sunshine, although most days had a lot of cloud in the air too, but the sun prevailed. We had 2 days completely overcast with one of those being a washout all afternoon

Food was great. The cottage restaurant food was very nice on both buffet and a la carte evenings. We did go to Laguna grill and it was great if you love grilled food. As we were Half board we mostly had something from either the bar or Palm court to eat for lunch, they have a lot of variety and it's not too badly priced ( $13 for a VERY nice steak sandwich and wedges ). Just don't make the mistake of ordering a salad and a sandwich, their salads are big and meant as a full meal !

Tips ? Well, apart from the normal stuff like taking a lot of sunblock and such, my tip for kuramathi would be to make sure you go see the biostation when they have the weekly chat on wednesday evenings, very interesting especially if you've been snorkelling for a few days already. Oh, and also do go and enjoy the free steam and sauna rooms within the spa, very nice !

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
reviews: 21
6. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

Hi

Yep got them now, well done good vidoes

..........susie

London
7. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

And my review has been approved:

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g608516-d317…

8. Re: Back from Kuramathi Cottage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:22 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Kuramathi