We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore
O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Need more information for this hotel. Group of 8 of us are planning to book 2 units of 2 bedroom suites for our upcoming Bali trip in Aug.

To those who have stayed there before: how's the layout of the 2 bedroom suite like? Are there 2 separate bedrooms? And each with en suite bathrooms? Or are the bathrooms shared by 2 bedrooms?

Have tried looking for photos, but can't really tell how the layout of the room is like. Also we would like to know whether the hotel is a crowded and noisy environment (as it is quite a large property with so many rooms)

Or any recommendations for 2 or 4 bedroom suites or villas at a budget of USD250 -300 (2 bedrooms) and USD500 - 600 (4 bedrooms)?

My friends and I prefer somewhere that is relatively new as we think newer hotels/resorts are cleaner. Would really appreciate any advice or help!

Los Angeles
reviews: 1
1. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Stayed here last December in a two bedroom unit. The unit is small and you share a bathroom. It can get loud during the night, cause of a nightclub next to it. Lots of meal options along the road and the beach is just across the street, but with your budget, you should find somewhere else to stay.

Singapore
2. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Thanks indobh, will take note.

Found out from another traveler that there are a few different layouts for 2 bedroom suites. Hmmm... so confusing. Yeah maybe we will check out other places as well. This is our first time going to Bali, so not sure whether we will like the crowded beaches, but don't think we want to stay too far from town.

Los Angeles
3. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Either way, I would definitely stay away from O-CE-N. A great place is Kumala Pantai a couple doors down. I stayed at their penthouse suite (two bedroom and a small kitchen). The food is decent and the price was really reasonable (around $200/night), but that was around 2004, so don't know how much it will cost now.

I recommend the Seminyak area (great bars and restaurants). I will be going there in June, but it'll still be low season. a 2 bed villa around USD250 nett (Indonesian rate). Don't know if August is low season or not. Just Google "seminyak villas" and start from there.

Singapore
4. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

We have checked out villas in Seminyak. Most of them are beyond our budget as August is high/peak season. We are now looking at the choice between Sun Island Villa, Ranadi Villa and The Kozy Villa.

Los Angeles
5. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Don't know about Sun Island or The Kozy, but I heard good things about Ranadi Villas from friends who stayed there.

Singapore
6. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Yes, Ranadi looks good and has good reviews here. But it is a little over our budget, so we have decided to split our stays into: 3 days at a Tune Hotel (a budget hotel at Kuta area which is very clean and new but very small!) and 2 days at Ranadi. Is it worth the hassle I wonder?

Los Angeles
7. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

IMO is worth the hassle. For me a trip to Bali now is about staying in the Villas. I go to Bali to relax and hardly do any sightseeing at all, so the extra space and your own pool really makes a difference.

Singapore
8. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

Well, it's our first time in Bali so we have planned 3 days with a driver to bring us around and sightseeing. Now for the same amount of money, I am torn between the options of:

1) Staying in a reasonably priced hotel with nice pool/ nice view/ near beach for all 5 nights

2) Staying 2 nights at small budget hotel + 3 nights at an average villa

3) Staying 3 nights at small budget hotel + 2 nights at above average villa

Los Angeles
9. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

I would either do option 1 or 3. It all depends on how good the hotel is on option 1. Moving places in the middle of the trip sounds like a lot of hassle, but I did it a couple of times when in Bali and it's not that bad especially if you have a driver.

10. Re: O-CE-N Bali by Outrigger

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 10, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Legian