We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

Which Legian hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
reviews: 13
4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

I have been looking at 3 - 4 star accommodation for a family holiday in September. I don't want a huge hotel - something more intimate and 'nice'. My partner and I usually stay at The Villas but this is too exy for all of us. We are considering the new O-ce-n Outrigger Resort or have been recommended the Resort Tunjung Bali. These are two very different properties - one very modern and the other traditional. We have 4 adults and five children to cater for - the ages of the children being (at the time of travel) 18mths, 4, 7, 8 and 15. Can anyone recommend or comment on either of these properties? Thank you!!

Australia
reviews: 48
1. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

I don't think the Ocean Outrigger is great for kids. It's lovely and modern but very minimalist concrete. If you normally stay at The Villas you will find the Resort Tunjung a bit downmarket. . It is quite budget and basic.

It is a decent property for the price though and I think it would be good for adults and kids. The grounds are nice, the huge downstairs open lounge/dining area is great .

The location is not on the beach but close to it and there are lots of small shops, stalls and restaurants nearby.

You may need to take two villas.

Sydney
2. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

Thank you Linda 52. I have checked out both properties websites and can see what you are saying. Tunjung Bali looks as though it will suit in the respect of the living area space and the garden etc. Shame about the decor of bedrooms but hopefully they are clean and the bathrooms not musty etc.

The travel agent also mentioned the Kumala Pantai. We could take 2 Ambassador Suites. What is your opinion on this property? The position looks good - on the beach etc. Would the rooms be similar in style to Tunjung Bali?

Australia
reviews: 48
3. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

The Kumala Pantai was my favourite hotel for years as it was virtually child free and very much a boutique hotel. It has now expanded and become quite a family hotel in the new wing , but still a little more reserved in the old wing.

It is still a lovely property , I think if you could get the suites in the old wing you would love it. The location can't be beat.

Go for it, it is probably the most sought after 3 star hotel in Bali at present.

perth
reviews: 11
4. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

If you are travelling in the school holidays, forget kumala pantai. We couldn't get a booking and Ive just tried again incase of a cancellation and they are fully booked for most of 2010!! It would have been perfect for you in 2 ambassador suites.

You could try Jayakarta in apartments or Padma, Legian Beach hotel or Mandira. The main problem we've found is that hotels will not guarantee interconnecting rooms which concerns us travelling with young children. Also it gets really expensive!

Goodluck!

Sydney
5. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

Thank you Andrea for your comments. I also heard from the travel agent that accommodation is getting scarce for the school holidays. She's having trouble finding something for her own family and friends! Apparently the Kumala Pantai is unavailable.

I will keep in mind for the future.

I've been forced to make a decision - so opted for the Ocean Outrigger as first choice and Tunjung Bali second. See what happens!

Sydney
6. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

Thank you Linda52 - I read many reviews on Kumala Pantai and the travel agent also spoke favourably about it. However, apparently it isn't available for the time we are travelling.

I was told that accommodation is getting scarce so, had to make a quick decision. I can see what you mean about the Ocean - but the position is great - so opted for that as first choice. We are staying in Ubud for 5 nights at the Honeymoon Guesthouse so that will be a contrast to the starkness of the Ocean Outrigger.

I've been given a quote for both the Ocean and Tunjung Resort (6 nights) and was quite surprised that the Tunjung was only $1000 cheaper considering it is a budget property and the position!

In the end it just gets so confusing!

Thanks again for your advice.

7. Re: 4 star accommodation for 4 adults and 5 children in Legian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Legian