We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to Towson University

Which Towson hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 1
Transportation to Towson University

My son is considering attending Towson U. for graduate school and will not have a car. Which is the closest airport and how does he get there? Also, what is the name of the closest Amtrak and Greyhound station and again, how does he get there?

Thanks,

Karen

maryland
reviews: 3
1. Re: Transportation to Towson University

someone else will be able to answer this in more detail,(and maybe better ideas) but i can make an effort.

BWI is the closest airport, & he'll be able to get to it with a combination of bus & light rail. or a short cab ride to the light rail station on falls road at lake roland.

amtrak would be pennsylvania station on charles street, he could get there by bus OR the same cab ride to light rail

greyhound, i don't know.

Edited: 8:47 pm, January 03, 2010
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
2. Re: Transportation to Towson University

Airport is about 40 minutes depending on traffic

Amtrak is about 30 minutes

Greyhound is about 30 minutes.

Airport can be reached by taxi, light rail which is near towson and will go right to airport but is longest way there (probably an hour- , maybe a little more. There is a Sheraton in Towson where you can probably find a shuttle but would have to call to be sure of that.

To reach Amtrak, there are buses which would run right past the school and go to the station. Again, I don't take the bus much so don't know the bus routes.

I would suggest asking at the school as this is not an uncommon question and I am sure you can get all the details.

Or after typing all this, I checked the school website and found this.

towson.edu/main/…publictransportation.asp

3. Re: Transportation to Towson University

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Towson