We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed with amed

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
Help needed with amed

Hi were heading over to Bali soon were staying in legian but would love to do some amazing snorkeling so were hopping to go up to amed for a night.

We were thinking of riding our mopeds up there and then have them to get around and check it all out.

We have two children under 3 and wondering where is good accomadation to stay with them also.

Also has anyone used a nanny service up in amed?

Hope someone can give us Afew tips.

perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
reviews: 50
1. Re: Help needed with amed

Hi!

Unfortunately I do not know much about Amed, but would like to know, how you are going to safely transport the baby and the toddler on mopeds/motorbikes/scooters?

Amed is a long drive from Kuta and the roads can be fraught with problems, more so during the wet season.

I sincerely hope for the sake of your children you reconsider this idea.

Cheers

wendy

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
2. Re: Help needed with amed

And............ no such thing as Mopeds to hire in Bali...........they are all motorbikes (over 100cc).

Please do some more research before you act on this idea. Look closely at your license or whether you are even licensed to do this. Look very, very closely at you travel insurance and whether you will be covered if you do this. Have a long, hard look at the accident statistics for motorbike riders in Bali in any given year. Also have a long hard look at the actual traffic and road conditions in Bali before you decide to do this.

3. Re: Help needed with amed

Thanks for that whinnie we have travelled to Bali over 9 times and are very aware of the Bali lifestyle & road conditions.

Anyone with any info on Amed and accomadation with children?? Would love to hear from you

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 8
4. Re: Help needed with amed

The previous posters are spot on with their concerns. Hiring a car and driver is not expensive and so much safer than the motorbikes. I cringe every time I see motorbikes on the "main" roads. Not a place for a family with kids on motorbikes. That's my two cents worth.

5. Re: Help needed with amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, January 24, 2012
6. Re: Help needed with amed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 am, January 24, 2012
perth
Destination Expert
for Denpasar, Bali
reviews: 50
7. Re: Help needed with amed

Lovinbali2, a question:- what you are planning on doing in relation to transporting your defenseless children on motorbikes would be illegal in Australia, so why even contemplate doing so in Bali?

There are no helmets that will fit your children, they cannot be safely restrained, the journey is far too long for a toddler to hang on.

Your plan is, in my opinion, shows no regard for the safety and wellbeing of your precious children!

Please, for their sake, hire a driver! The cost is minimal when compared to the results, should you proceed and injuries occur or worse.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Legian
8. Re: Help needed with amed

Re accommodation in Amed.

Link below may help with some options.

Sorry not child specific, but you may find something suitable.

Sometimes it's often better to book ahead as Amed is becoming more popular & you will have little ones with you.

Sorry don't have info re nanny services in Amed

Have been to Amed a few times & we usually hire a car as we prefer that to a 3 hr trip or so on a bike...sore backside, dead legs etc..

(Sorry but can't imagine little ones tolerating it on a bike & agree it's dangerous as well)

We usually stay a couple nights as 1 is a bit rushed with the drive up and back etc.

www.micbali.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Edited: 12:04 am, January 24, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 21
9. Re: Help needed with amed

Have a look at Coral view villa's family rooms, they are in a great location.

http://www.hiddenparadise-bali.com/cvv/

I would also suggest you hire a driver for your family.

Cheers

10. Re: Help needed with amed

I may not have worded my question in the right. In relation to the mopeds there is a group of us going up and I'm not planning on having my children on the scooters all that way. Some of us will go in a car whilst others will take bikes. So we have a way of getting around while in amed.

My children's safety is a 1st and would never endanger them.

This will be our 10th time in Bali and I'm quite excited to see a different area and see the cultures in amed