We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berkeley, California
Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Hi all,

I have pretty much narrowed it down to one of these two for three nights. I'd like to snorkel in front of the hotel, so would like a beach I can walk barefoot on until I get into the water. Is the beach at Kembali black sand or pebbles? And which is better for snorkeling?

Thanks

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
1. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

I can only comment on Kembali. The snorkeling here is very good eecially early in the morning, afternoons can get murky, but that's the same everywhere in Amed if there has been rain. The beach is black sand not pebbles. My only issue with Kembali is the breakfast could be better.

Berkeley, California
2. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Thanks, Whinnie. I was leaning toward Kembali. Are there cafes or warungs close by to supplement breakfast? Can one walk to the other bays, or is there some kind of transport?

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
3. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

There are 5 or 6 warungs/restaurants within walking distance either on the road or beach. If you want to go further afield restaurants will pick you up or talk to the hotel staff and they will organise transport for you.

Berkeley, California
4. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Sounds great. Thanks again.

styrx
reviews: 10
5. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

I had the same dilemma as you when I planned for mt trip to Amed in April. But I was glad that I chose kembali; it was direct deach front, and when you wake up first thing in the morning, the view that greets you is simply amazing. There is a hugh verandah in each bungalow that you can simply chill out. Not forgetting the view of gunning agung from the resort. I rented a bike, so was able to explore the surrounding. I will highly recommend eating at warung enak, it's about 500m from the resort. The food is tasty and affordable.

styrx
6. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

I had the same dilemma as you when I planned for mt trip to Amed in April. But I was glad that I chose kembali; it was direct deach front, and when you wake up first thing in the morning, the view that greets you is simply amazing. There is a hugh verandah in each bungalow that you can simply chill out. Not forgetting the view of gunning agung from the resort. I rented a bike, so was able to explore the surrounding. I will highly recommend eating at warung enak, it's about 500m from the resort. The food is tasty and affordable.

styrx
7. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Berkeley, California
8. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Thanks for the vote of confidence, styrx. Is there room for bikes to safely share the roads? I'd like to do that, but not if I'm dodging trucks. Is it very hilly?

styrx
9. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

Amed is a sleepy fishing village, so I believe if you were to ride carefully, you will be fine. There were not much cars while I was there, and having your own transportation definately gives you more freedom to explore the area.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
10. Re: Bayu Cottages vs Kembali Beach

It is hilly though, lol.