We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel in Amed?

Which Amed hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
meeksy529
reviews: 1
Which hotel in Amed?

Hello,

I am looking for a nice/luxury hotel in Amed? I'm not sure if luxury would be found in Amed but this trip is part of our honeymoon so we're looking for something nice. I saw some good reviews on Kembali Beach Bungalows or the Bayu Cottages. Or is there something else you would recommend that we would like?

Thanks.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Nusa Dua, Sanur, Tuban, Ubud
reviews: 217
1. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

i can comment on puri wirata. I stayed there last september. two lovely pools and a great range of accommodation options to choose from. they are on a hill (as with many places there). the view is very nice over the ocean and you can watch the fishing boats in the morning. The restaurant was not bad, not the best food I have had in bali but still a reasonable choice. you can also walk to waenis and eat there and take in what has to be the best view of Mt Agung at sunset. I have done a review of puri wirata and posted some photos so you can take a look.

have you looked at OnlYou or for your own rental house bali beach house.

you could also look a little further north of Amed at Ponciana resort at Tembok.

kembali beach bungalows and bayu cottages would be ideal as well. E mail a few places to see if they have availability as this will help you decide.

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
2. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Check out Blue Moon Villas - they are stunning. The views across the ocean and the rooms look magnifcent, so does the restaurant. They are close to the beach and I have had a friend who has stayed there and he loved it. The hotel looks beautiful on the website and is very reasonably priced. I have been doing some research on hotels in Amed as I am staying there in October and I have found Blue Moon to be the best.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali
reviews: 62
3. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Kembali beach Bungalows are fantastic but I wouldn't call them luxury. They are clean, comfortable and pleasant and the location is very good.

Tweed Heads...
reviews: 47
4. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

I second Snooky's recommendation. We were there 2 weeks ago (in 'Snooky's cottage'). The villa's at puri Wirata look quite luxurious and the balcony areas are huge. They look quite new and modern and the views from these would be spectacular. If you are wanting to spend time alone, I'm sure they have room service for all meals - they definitely do for breakfast.

Sydney Australia
reviews: 28
5. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Apa Kabar Villas are beautiful, they are under specialty lodging in the trip advisor hotel review section .

Cheers Deb.

Albany, Western...
reviews: 76
6. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

I love Bayu Cottages but it's not luxurious in the conventional sense. Based on reviews and comments I have read, if I were going to choose something a bit more luxurious in Amed it would be Apa Kabar I think.

Cheshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Bali, Amed
reviews: 2
7. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

As this is part of your honeymoon I'd suggest:

Blue Moon Villas

Apa Kabar Villas

Puri Wirata

Life in Amed

The Blue Paradise penthouse rooms at Blue Moon have amazing ocean views.

Other options are Santai Hotel .. but you definitely need the ocean front bungalow.

Anda Amed also gets some good reviews

meeksy529
8. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Thanks for all your replies.

Are any of these hotels beachfront?

Byron Bay, Australia
Destination Expert
for Bali, Legian
9. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Blue Moon villas is not directly beachfront, but is set up above the ocean just a short walk to the beach. Not sure about the other hotels recommended.

Sydney Australia
reviews: 28
10. Re: Which hotel in Amed?

Apa Kabar Villas is beach front with fantastic snorkeling, the beach is pebbles and black sand though so no laying on the beach. You will find a lot, if not most, of the beaches up here are covered in boats nearly all day even if they do have sand. Don't let that faze you the boats are beautiful and add so much character to the area, about 10 meters up the beach from Apa Kabar Villas, is an area no boats pull in, easy to go swimming and snorkeling here or the pool is stunning.

Cheers Deb.