We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sanatoriums in Lonavala

Which Lonavala hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
India
reviews: 9
Sanatoriums in Lonavala

This is an altogether a different topic not dealt upon previously. Sanitarium broadly means an abode for recovery after illness. However, it now purely means a place offering lodging and boarding facility. Lonavala has many community based sanitariums. Me being a gujju, it offers 7 to 8 sanitariums belonging to different sub-sects of gujarati community.

All these sanitariums offers reasonable facilities at bare minimum cost for a stay from one day to sometimes even a fortnight. Almost all the sanitariums offers excellent gujarati vegetarian food (Thali) and a very reasonable cost and open for everybody.

The rooms in most of these sanitariums are available only to the person belonging to that particular sub-sect. Bookings are generally accepted in Mumbai. All these sanitariums requires patrons to follow strict discipline during their stay.

The only negative issue about these sanitariums are that in almost all the cases the care taker are old and retired persons. Nothing wrong with that. In the garb of being strict disciplinarian they are more often then not very rude. Many a times I tried to instill sense in them but to no avail. Finally, to protect my self-respect I counter insulted them. It worked and they mellowed down.

Other that this drawback these places can be thoroughly enjoyed if you follow their rules and regulations

1. Re: Sanatoriums in Lonavala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lonavala