I'm traveling with family to Kerala - third week of August 2013. We have 3 nights in Kochi, potentially one night in Kumarakom/Allepey and two nights in Trivandrum. Plan to hire a cab to drive us around.
I'm currently planning this:
1. day 1 kochi to guruvayoor and back
2. day 2 kochi local - suggestions for things to do? We're interested in culture/history. Also, any suggestions for good restaurants? (we're vegetarians!)
3. day 3 somewhere around kochi, probably athirampally -
4. day 4 drive to kumarakom - thinking of hiring a houseboat for the night stay. Any suggestions? Just looking for a decent and CLEAN houseboat not necessarily too fancy
What are some interesting things to do near Kumarakom/Allepey (now that I know we'll miss the nehru boat race) Are heritage homes a better idea for stay? Open to doing a kumarakom to allepey night cruise if advisable.
5. day 5 drive to trivandrum - local sightseeing
6. day 6 potentially drive to kanyakumari and back. leave for home next day.
Is this a feasible plan? Or would it be too tiring? Appreciate suggestions on other/alternate things we could do especially for days 3 and 4, in allepey/kumarakom.