We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Which Kep hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canberra, Australia
reviews: 87
Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Hi all,

The owners of Kep Lodge have commenced monthly doof parties which (I'm told) occasionally run until 6am. We were staying at Jasmine on the other side of the hill and could hear it, albeit quietly thankfully, until 4am the other night.

The sound belts out right across the town as they are high up on the hill. I was advised many guests of both Kep and surrounding accommodation have been left more than a little annoyed with some checking out on the spot.

Check with Kep Lodge on their party schedule before you book any accommodation. Better yet, express your disapproval if you think (like I do) this will spoil Keps' quiet charm. Another Snooky is definitely not needed IMHO.

cheers

R

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kep, Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 89
1. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Oh Dear, thanks for the tip!

kep
reviews: 3
2. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Hello All,

We haven't done any Doof Doof Parties since last February, so the noise Roger heard in the Jasmine Valley was not from us! There are plenty of Wedding- and other parties which also run until early morning.

We do have a party this weekend (20.11) and this will go until 2 or 3am. But during this weekend we only have guests which like this things and we therefore didn't allow anybody else to make an online booking.

So please don't worry about the peace and quietness of Kep and I also don't want Kep to become a second Sihanoukville.

I would like to clarify that we only hosts parties every 2 to 4 months and not monthly as Roger said. (Don't know where you get this information from?) Also I seriously doubt it that the noise can be heard until Jasmine valley. That must have been something else, for sure.

Best regards,

Dan

Kep Lodge

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kep, Kampot, Cambodia
reviews: 89
3. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Thanks Dan, great news!

Canberra, Australia
reviews: 87
4. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Thanks Dan,

Though I'm a bit confused cause some local paper I found on a table at your lodge proclaimed the success of your last party in October? and suggested another one was happening this month with plans to make it monthly. ??? (some local Kep news thing I read...)

With that info at hand, we all up at Jasmine just put 1+1 together and assumed it was you guys.

Glad to hear no plans to turn Kep into party-ville...

Sincerely sorry if I have dispersed mis-information.

apologies

R

kep
reviews: 3
5. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

Hi Roger,

I am glad we could clarify this.

Hope to see you next time you are in Kep and I truly hope it will stay like it is now for as long as possible.

Best wishes,

Dan

6. Re: Kep Lodge dance (doofdoof) parties

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:28 am, May 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Kep
Recent Conversations