We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Greensboro in 2009 for March Madness

Which Greensboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oshawa. Ontario
reviews: 8
Travelling to Greensboro in 2009 for March Madness

I'm travelling from Toronto to Greensboro in March 2009 for the 1st and 2nd round of the NCAA basketball tournament. Any suggestions on where to stay, how to get back and forth to Greesboro Coliseum(rent a car vs taxi vs public transit), restaurant suggestions, shopping, etc.?

Many thanks for any assistance!!

Greensboro, North...
reviews: 82
1. Re: Travelling to Greensboro in 2009 for March Madness

Well, there isn't a lot of public transportation in this city, so I wouldn't depend on that. We do have a bus system, but it isn't like being in a major city. I think that a taxi would get expensive, so I would just rent an inexpensive car. There is a very large (1,000 rooms!) Sheraton Hotel on High Point Road, which is the same raod that the coliseum is on. It isn't really close enough to walk, but I'm guessing it is only a couple of miles. There are other smaller hotels in this same area, such as the Drury Inn and the Park Lane. The Sheraton is across the parking lot from a very large mall.

I'm not sure what to recommend for resturants. Are you looking for something special or just something close to the Coliseum?

For extra special, try Bistro Sophia. Expensive, but very nice. If you just want decent food that is close, there is an Olive Garden on High Point Road. By the way, if you're looking for an exra special hotel, try the O. Henry or the Proximity. They aren't quite as close to the Coliseum, but they are (by far) the nicest hotels in this city.

Have fun!

2. Re: Travelling to Greensboro in 2009 for March Madness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 am, October 07, 2009