We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shops?

Which Kilifi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
reviews: 37
Shops?

When I go to mnarani club hotel, I was wondering if there are local shops that sell spitits (British known, eg vodka etc) or is it like kikambala outside the club sun and sand, not really worth a chance?

Manchester, United...
reviews: 72
1. Re: Shops?

You are in luck, there are three off licences in Kilifi and across the bridge from the Mnarani. The first one is next door to Tuskys, second is Mama Kiberia's across the road from Barclays Bank and the third one is further along the same road heading towards the main Mombasa/Malindi Rd, it is just set back a little but has signs outside ( I'm not great at giving directions).

The prices are very similar to the UK but do try Kenya Gold & Amarula both local liqueurs and very tasty.

london
reviews: 38
2. Re: Shops?

hi going to mnarani in january and would like to know , how far is bofa beach from hotel , and is malindi closer than mombasa for flights to the mara!

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 68
3. Re: Shops?

Bofa beach is a about a 10 minute ride in a tuk tuk and Malindi is the closer of the 2 airports

Nairobi, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Kenya
reviews: 150
4. Re: Shops?

Steve - The shop next to Tusky's supermarket does not take credit cards. They have a very good selection, and fair priced. Mama Kibiru's does take cards, but I have noticed that her stock levels are lower, and she has less variety.

Tony - Malindi only gets one KQ flight a day, while Mombasa gets at least 7, so connecting to and from Nairobi, Mombasa may be better.

To access Bofa beach, easiest would probably be through Kilifi Bay Hotel. They have a great bar on the beach as well.

Maidstone, United...
reviews: 40
5. Re: Shops?

Hi,

Just got back from Mnarani Club and had fantastic time. We cycled to Bofa Beach twice with a member of Animation team each time. The A team is fantastic and will take you there on request. It is apprximtely 5 km to the beach access next to Baobab Hotel and 7 km to Kilifi Beach Resort. It is definitely worth going. White powdery sand softest I ever seen and coral accessible from the beach at low tide. Enjoy it!

Reading, United...
6. Re: Shops?

Hi all

Does hotel have wifi and how much does it cost?

Going in two weeks!

Thanks

Mark

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
7. Re: Shops?

Yes the Hotel does have WiFi and if I remember rightly the cost is 300 shillings per hour 1000 per day or 4000 per week. It can be a little hit and miss but most areas of the hotel you can get a fair reception

Reading, United...
8. Re: Shops?

Thank you

Reading, United...
9. Re: Shops?

Can wifi be charged to your room or do u have to pay cash?

Hythe, United...
Destination Expert
for Kenya
10. Re: Shops?

If you want WiFi you will need to obtain a password and user name from reception. You can either pay by cash or charge it to your room.

Get answers to your questions about Kilifi
Recent Conversations