We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

Which Greenbelt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

Going to DC to see the Phillies play the nationals in August. Want to take my Grandchildren into DC to museums, etc. Hotes in DC are too expensive. I was looking at the Marriott in Greenbelt or the Holiday Inn in Greenbelt. Are they safe areas? We want to take the metro into DC for the sights and the game. Is this our best bet or can anyone suggest another area and hotel. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
1. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

I think you'll find the immediate vicinities of these hotels to be safe, albeit in corporate office-park surroundings without much to do. Coming from the north, Greenbelt isn't a bad choice for accessing the city, and (taking a Green Line train) you'll be able to get to the ballpark without having to change trains.

You might also want to look at hotels in downtown Silver Spring (Crowne Plaza, Courtyard, Hampton Inn/Homewood or Hilton). Those too are fairly close to I-95, are walkable to the Metro and to many more amenities than you'll find in Greenbelt.

One thing to consider is scheduled weekend track work on the Metro, which now happens fairly often and can cause significant delays (and the need to change to buses to get through closed sections) on the affected line(s). This is something Metro usually posts a few weeks in advance on their website.

I'd consider booking cancelable reservations at one of the Greenbelt hotels you've suggested PLUS one of the Silver Spring hotels. Then watch for pricing changes and the Metro maintenance schedule, and cancel one of them.

Also, prices in DC are subject to change--keep your eyes open there as well, and look for bargains at sites like Travelzoo.

2. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

Thanks alot. I will follow your suggestions

Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
3. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

Something tells me you'll see a better game if you catch the Phillies in late October instead.

4. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

True but probably would not be able to get tickets

Glens Falls, New...
5. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

Looking for a couple rooms on the night of Jan 21 and coming from the North, want to be able to park our van and easily ride the Metro into DC. Can you suggest the best place to find a hotel? Greenbelt or another station?

Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
6. Re: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations

There are several hotels in Bethesda within a couple blocks of the red line metro station there, as online or other maps will show. That's one obvious set of options (and one that would occur to most Washingonians before Greenbelt would), but there are others. "Best" location depends on whether you're looking for price, hotel quality, nearby restaurants, or what, and on your surrounding travel plans.

Reply to: Maryland Hotels near Metro Stations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenbelt