We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

Which Greenbelt hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winslow, ME
reviews: 21
Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

My husband & I will be visiting D.C. during the Cherry Blossom peak time. We are arriving on Sunday, March 27, and staying for 3 nights.

My question is this..Is there a good chance that we can get overnight parking at the Greenbelt Metro station for those 3 nights? Is it going to be hard to find available overnight parking there? Also, is the price going to be same as the daily cost - $4.25 per day?

5 replies to this topic
near Washington DC
1. Re: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

Here are the rules but, from a person who lives nearby, it is not advisable. If you want to find a safe place for your car, there are many better locations. They may not be as cheap, but they are better.

http://www.wmata.com/rail/parking/

Multi-day Parking-

Multi-day parking is available at three stations: Greenbelt, Huntington, and Franconia-Springfield. Each of these stations has between 15 and 17 spaces allocated for multi-day use of up to 10 days. Availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. There is no charge for multi-day parking beyond the regular fee, paid with a SmarTrip card on the day of exit if exiting during collection hours (10:30 a.m. - midnight on Monday - Thursday, and 10:30 a.m. - 3 a.m. Friday).

Winslow, ME
2. Re: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

If you would not advise parking at one of the metro stations, where would you suggest is a better, safer place to park? I am open to suggestions.

Silver Spring...
3. Re: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

Union Station is $20/day. There is also a 24 hour parking garage on Connecticut Ave NW between Farrugut North and Dupont Circle for $20/day.

Where are you staying?

Winslow, ME
4. Re: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

We are staying at St Gregory Hotel - 2033 M Street, Northwest.

I think both of those parking garages wouldn't be too far from our hotel, but how murderous would it be driving right into the city?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 50
5. Re: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking

"I think both of those parking garages wouldn't be too far from our hotel, but how murderous would it be driving right into the city?"

You'll survive. :) You're coming in on a Sunday, what time? Even with the festival going on Sunday should be fairly easy. It might be an hour out of your vacation that you wish you were spending elsewhere but that's about it.

Reply to: Greenbelt Metro overnight parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Greenbelt