We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

Hi, we are a group of four couples who will be visiting this summer by motorcycle. We will probably rent a cabin and would like to go out in the evening by cab or taxi. Which is the better town for nightlife/dinners, and getting around by cab, or are they about the same ? How far apart are these 2 towns from one another ? This will be our first time here and any advice is appreciated. Thanks !

22 replies to this topic
Parkersburg, West...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

I would have to say Gatlinburg is the better city for night life. Because everything is close together and you can walk the whole town. The two town are about 8 miles apart if I'm not wrong.

pa
2. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

Great ! Thank you. Do you happen to know if it's easy to get taxi's ?

Pigeon Forge...
reviews: 22
3. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

As th above poster said, Gatlinburg has more nightlife, if you are seeking bars, etc. It is indeed all walkable as above poster said, which makes it much easier to get from place to place.

Pigeon Forge offers dinner shows, comedy shows, and some restaurants offer live music as well. You will need a car to get aorund from place to place in Pigeon Forge/Sevierville.

As for cabs, they are not seem hanging around as you would in large cities. You will need to call a cab company, but they don't take long to get there. After the bars close in Gatlinburg, there sometimes are cabs in the area for the bar patrons, but once again, you may need to call one and wait a bit to come get you.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
reviews: 13
4. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

You will not have to worry about cabs, they have the trolley service that runs between both towns for 50 cents I think. I think the summer may even have free rides. May not be to convenient if your cabin is off the beaten path, but if your cabin is near a trolley stop, you will be set

Washington DC...
reviews: 35
5. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

Personally, I think there's so much more to do in PF/Sevierville. No cabs, just use the trolley. There are trolley stops all over the place too. You can also get one to Gatlinburg.

6. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg is much better for night life. As someone mentioned, you can walk all the way up and down the Parkway and find many restaurants and bars. I'm not even sure they have bars in Pigeon Forge. It wasn't too long ago that you could not even get a drink in PF.

Pigeon Forge does have a lot of "shows" but they are pretty lame really. The typical country music/gospel/patriotic formula.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 24
7. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

As other posters have stated, Pig/forge is a lot more spread-out, and you'd need your vehicle to get from one spot to another. I believe the distance from the edge of Pig/forge city limits to the Gat/burg limits is 5 miles. Once in Gat/burg, everything is so close in proximity, you can walk anywhere you wish to go. If extended walking is a problem, On both sides of the street in Gat/burg there's benches stratigicly located about every 100 feet or so,

Ray

8. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:17 pm, January 14, 2014

Marissa, Illinois
9. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

I have never seen a cab in either Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. Based on some of these answers I guess they do exist. Motorcyclists love the mountains. I would suggest Gatlinburg for night life.

Paris, Tn
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 24
10. Re: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge

I'd guess each town has its own taxi service, but I don't recall ever seeing any. But instead of a taxi fleet, each town has a trolley service. I know from experience (we only rode once) the "Dolly-Trolley" in Pigeon Forge will take you into Gatlinburg, and drop you off. And either the Gat/burg or "Dolly-Trolley" will take you back into Pig/forge. To the best of my memory, the cost of the fare was around .35 cents. And this was about fifteen years or so. But the ride was worth the effort.

Reply to: Gatlinburg VS pigeon Forge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted