We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 80
Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

We are visiting the week of Christmas and would like to see a show (doesnt really matter which one) maybe a dinner show. Just wondered if we should decide on one and purchase advance tickets? Or can we just wait and decide while there? We will be there 12-24 to 12-27

Bowling Green...
reviews: 5
1. Re: Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

I would buy tickets in advance because it will be very busy while you are there.

We made that mistake about 5 years ago and every show was booked so now we always buy in advance and sometimes if you sign up for their email alerts they will send special offers from time to time.

Dixie Stampede is a very good show to attend.

Stacy

Edited: 12:37 pm, November 20, 2012
paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 25
2. Re: Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

We just got back a few weeks ago and we seen Christmas at the Smokey Mountain Opry. It was the best show we had seen in a long time, it had the real meaning of Christmas in it. I would love to see it again when we go back in 2 weeks. We did book it in advance and got 2 shows for $59.00 which was a great deal.it's on their web site.

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 80
3. Re: Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

Thanks for the replies. I would like the Opry but don't know if my husband would. May do Dixie Stampede. We have been coming to the area for a long time but have never done any of the shows. Thought since we will not be doing as much hiking to waterfalls as we do in the summer we will have time for some shows.

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 25
4. Re: Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

It's really not like an Opry... It's a show with comedy, singing clogging, and lots of Christmas songs, check out the video they have on their web site.

5. Re: Advance tickeets needed for Christmas shows?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, December 16, 2013