We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatlinburg at Christmas

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Clearwater, Florida
Gatlinburg at Christmas

I am planning a trip to Gatlinburg right after Christmas but do not know anything about the area or hotels. I will fly into Knoxville and rent a car. I have been told that the Red Roof Inn on Ownby Street is very close to everything downtown. The reviews are not very impressive. Does anyone know of a place in that same vicinity that is a good clean hotel? We would prefer not to have to drive once we get to the hotel. Is there such a hotel/motel availabile? Thanks for your help.

kentucky
reviews: 92
1. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

There are lot's of hotels in Gatlinburg.Not any so called 5 star but many are nice.Our favorite is Riverhouse Motorlodge or Riverhouse at the Park.There is also a Clarion,Hampton Inn,Hilton garden Inn.Look on the Gatlinburg.com web-site and find lot's of listings and lot's of info on the area.The Parkway is the main road that goes right thru the area into the N'L Park.River road is one short block over and very walkable to the parkway.Gatlinburg is very pedestrian friendly so parking and walking everywhere is definately doable.Hope you have a wonderful trip and you will be able to see all the christmas lights!

kentucky
reviews: 92
2. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

There are lot's of hotels in Gatlinburg.Not any so called 5 star but many are nice.Our favorite is Riverhouse Motorlodge or Riverhouse at the Park.There is also a Clarion,Hampton Inn,Hilton garden Inn.Look on the Gatlinburg.com web-site and find lot's of listings and lot's of info on the area.The Parkway is the main road that goes right thru the area into the N'L Park.River road is one short block over and very walkable to the parkway.Gatlinburg is very pedestrian friendly so parking and walking everywhere is definately doable.Hope you have a wonderful trip and you will be able to see all the christmas lights!

SE Indiana
3. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

MANY differing opinions on what location is the best to stay at- the RRI would NOT be my 1st choice for a place "in the center of it all".

My wife and I really like the area between say, stoplight 6 and stoplight 9-10....it's just the area that has a high concentration of things we like to be around.

I recomend the 4 Seasons Motor Lodge for you to try. It's an easy walk to the "Village" near lite 6 , close to the Smoky Mtn. Moonshine place(great free bluegrass music), close to the Methodist Church(beautiful sanctuary), and near some good resturants... YMMV but it's a good choice for us when we want a motel.

paintsville ky
Destination Expert
for Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg
reviews: 26
4. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

If your going to be staying in Gatlinburg. I would recommend Hampton inn downtown gatlinburg, we have stayed here before and it was a great hotel, it was very clean and had a great location, you can walk everywhere in Gatlinburg from the hotel and leave your car parked.

…hilton.com/en/…

Clearwater, Florida
5. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

Thank you very much for the information. I really appreciate it.

Clearwater, Florida
6. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

Thank you for the information. I understand that part of the parkway is on an incline. My boyfried has a bad hip and couldn't make the constant climb. is the 4 Seasons on the level ground or on an incline? Thanks.

Athens, Georgia
reviews: 25
7. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

The whole city is on a very small incline and steeper towards the park but unless your walking from one end to the other I wouldn't expect it to be a problem. I would suggest you stay on the pkwy or river rd. I don't recommend either of the Red Roofs, there are two and neither are withing walking distance of the whole parkway. I too suggest Riverhouse motor lodge or any hotel on river rd. The Hampton is a good choice for being on the pkwy as well as Quality Inn Creekside.

I have not stayed at 4 Seasons but I would recommend you read the reviews to any hotels since your not familiar with them. Check out this website as well for a virtual tour of the parkway and it will give you an idea of how the city is laid out. thegreatsmokeymountainsparkway.com/_map/gatl…

Clearwater, Florida
8. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

Thank you very much for the information. I am sure we will be able to find the right hotel with your suggestions. I website was full of great information!

Georgia
reviews: 1
9. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

Since your boyfriend has a bad hip you may want to consider using the trolley system to get around in Gatlinburg. I wouldn't use it to go to Pigeon Forge but it works great to get around downtown Gatlinburg.

Clearwater, Florida
10. Re: Gatlinburg at Christmas

The trolley is a great idea. Thanks very much.