We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Cottage Cabins in Pittman Center?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charleston, SC
Sunset Cottage Cabins in Pittman Center?

Hello all, was hoping someone could help me out. My family is trying to book a place last min over Tnksgvng (11/21-11/25). I think we will be booking thru Sunset Cottages since they are one of the only places we could find with affordable rates for those dates. Reading past threads it seems that people have generally good things to say about Sunset Cottages so thats reassuring. What I was a little worried about was the location of the available cabins. It looks like they are all in the Pittman Center area of Gatlinburg.

We vacation up there at least once a year but always stay in the Hidden Springs Resort just down the road fron Dollywood so we are not very familiar withthe Pittman Center area. How convienient is it to get to the Park and Pigeon Forge? Also if anyone has stayed in River Cabin, Rooster Way or Country Getaway I'd love to hear about your experience.

Many Thanks!!

Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 22
1. Re: Sunset Cottage Cabins in Pittman Center?

Never stayed with Sunset Cottages, but they look like they are reasonably priced for modest cabins. Good reviews from what I've seen.

Pittman Center is located near the Greenbriar and Cosby entrances to the national park, which are usually areas that are not over crowded. You'll have to drive through Gatlinburg, or take the bypass via the Spur in order to reach the rest of the park.

Dollywood should be about 30-40 minutes away at most, depending upon the traffic. My route would be to travel through town, and then take the Spur to PF, but there is another route that involves what i think is Middle Creek Road, or Upper Middle Creek Road, that may or may not be shorter. I'd google map it if I were you, but there was some construction going on there not too long ago. Maybe some other forum members know if it's completed.

Hope you can let us know about the cabin you choose. We always appreciate the added info around here. Have a great trip!

Townsend, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Townsend, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 16
2. Re: Sunset Cottage Cabins in Pittman Center?

Nice map of the area you will be staying in showing the arts and craft loop and the local backroads: http://www.gatlinburgcrafts.com/map.html

3. Re: Sunset Cottage Cabins in Pittman Center?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, December 16, 2013