We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muncie, Indiana
Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

I'm so excited to be back here again.. planning another trip to the Smokey's! My husband and I were married there in March 2010.. then went back for our 1st anniversary. Then this last year I was 8 months pregnant over our anniversary so we didn't get to go :(...but we got something wonderful out of the deal!! :) So I haven't been on this board since I posted my trip report from March/April 2011.

We are now planning another trip for our 3rd Anniversary for the 1st week of April 2013..and we will be bringing along the newest addition to our family...to share the wonderful experience with him. He will be 11 months at that time.

So, here I am.. needing some advice again! Before we book our cabin, I'm wanting to get some suggestions on good/affordable cabin rental places to go with? We weren't thrilled with the one we went to last time. It wasn't bad..but not as good as we had hoped. We still had a good time regardless. We are also looking for a cabin that is easily accessible with a car..we don't have a 4 wheel drive vehicle...and our first year we had a gorgeous cabin.. but it tore up our tires/brakes going up the steep mountains. The 2nd one was okay as far as this went. We only need a 1 bedroom....hot tub...not too picky. Easily accessible but still somewhat private. We are open to all areas... Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierville.

So we will start with the Cabin hunt...

Thank you all so much in advance for your help and advice!! :)

Michigan
reviews: 16
1. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

Have you tried VRBO?

vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/…gatlinburg

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
reviews: 87
2. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

Click on the vacation rentals tab on the top left and you will find reviews on a some cabins. Contact the Chamber of Commerce (you can do this online) for Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. They will send you call kinds of info on things to see & do as well as places to stay. There are a few cabins in walking distance or a short drive to Gatlinburg which might work better for you. Carrs Cottages is one of them. The Arts & Crafts area is popular and so is Baskins road if you can find some there.

3. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 pm, November 15, 2012
Edited: 3:05 pm, November 15, 2012
Bowling Green...
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 115
4. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

I have always been very pleased with Park Side Cabin Rentals.

The cabins description have always been very accurate and the cabins have always been clean and well maintained.

We would book with them again.

Bowling Green...
Destination Expert
for Sevierville, Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 115
5. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

I have always been very pleased with Park Side Cabin Rentals.

The cabins description have always been very accurate and the cabins have always been clean and well maintained.

We would book with them again.

6. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 am, December 06, 2012
Muncie, Indiana
7. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

I am so overwhelmed by all of the options. I've emailed some of them. There's just too much to look at. VRBO is very overwhelming to me too.. I can't tell which ones are easy access...

8. Re: Planning Anniversary Trip for April 2013

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 15, 2014