We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November 2012 Roll Call!

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Maggie Valley, Pigeon Forge
reviews: 15
November 2012 Roll Call!

We're still on the fence, but we are leaning toward going up on November 22 for a long weekend. It's between this weekend or a longer week starting the day after Christmas, when we have more holiday time from work & school.

I like the idea of having a couple more days while I'm there, but I'm not sure I can wait until the end of the year!

Anyone else?

Georgia
reviews: 1
1. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

We are going up the day after Christmas simply because that is the only time I have off from work. We have never been during that time of the year and I am not sure what to expect as far as crowds go. However, I am willing to try it just to get to see the mountains, buy some fudge and catch a show or two.

We went at Thanksgiving about 6 years ago and it was really crowded but we managed. My theory is a day in the Smokies is better than any day at work no matter how crowded the mountains are!

melaniefoo
reviews: 8
2. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

We arrive on Nov 3!! Staying in a cabin in the Arts & Crafts area. A full week in the mountains and we are so excited!

Michigan
reviews: 16
3. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

Are you planning on renting a cabin? If you are you may not find one, they book up fast over Thanksgiving. I booked ours at the beginning of Sept. and there weren't many then.

louisville ky
4. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

Thanksgiving Day through Sunday for us. We plan on hiking two of those days to avoid the crowds.

Edited: 10:48 pm, October 18, 2012
Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
5. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

"My theory is a day in the Smokies is better than any day at work no matter how crowded the mountains are!"

I like your theory, Bob. ;)

Athens, Georgia
reviews: 24
6. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

We will be there too, we will arrive on Nov. 21. I know we always seem to go around holidays and it's crowded but we have to follow the schools schedule too plus my husband and I have the day after Tgiving off so we will only miss 1 day of work to get a 5 day vacation.

Is your daughter still in the nutcracker?

Brunson
reviews: 2
7. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

November 12th - 16th (maybe 17th). Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This will be our longest trip in the Smokies with our son who is 2. We went last year, but crammed too much in, this time will be more relaxing ~ hopefully! He is pretty content for the most part, but we are going through the terrible two's so please forgive me if he melts...... it embarrasses me, but "It won't be like this for long"! I apologize to any parent/guardian that I may have stared at or mumbled under my breath about the melting child, because I understand! BTW, I'm taking the rear view mirror off before we head home...... cannot stand seeing those hills behind me!

indiana
reviews: 16
8. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

Nov 21 to nov 25! Can't wait

Savannah, Georgia
Destination Expert
9. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

tkmull,

Yes she's still doing the Nutcracker, but the last performance is November 20.

Why can't I be wealthier so I could afford to go in November AND December?!?

Oneonta, Alabama
reviews: 3
10. Re: November 2012 Roll Call!

We will be there for the Veteran's Day weekend since I am off work on Monday the 12th. It sounds like the leaves will be completely off the trees by then, but the Christmas lights will be on!

Lisa