We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zoo(s)

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kenosha, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
Zoo(s)

Are there any good zoos worth going to in TN?

WV
reviews: 2
1. Re: Zoo(s)

I think there is a zoo in Knoxville, but I have never been.

Maybe one of the locals can give some info.

nashville tn
2. Re: Zoo(s)

There is a zoo in Knoxville. go to knoxville zoo.com. I have been but it has been several years ago. It was pretty neat. Nashville also has one. It is called Nashville Zoo at Grassmere and it's really nice. My granddaughter loved it. I don't know of any others but I'm sure there are some more.

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 312
3. Re: Zoo(s)

Chattanooga, Knoxville, Nashville and Memphis all have very nice zoos. The Chattanooga zoo is pretty small but it is nice.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
4. Re: Zoo(s)

I went to the Knoxville Zoo in November. It was free admission day so it was really crowded. However, from what I could see of it, it was very nice.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
5. Re: Zoo(s)

Could you see all of the animals really well and were there a lot of animals?

Also I heard there is like a place you can go and see the black bears near Gatlinburg I don't think they call it a zoo though.

Knoxville, Tennessee
reviews: 5
6. Re: Zoo(s)

It was hard to see anything, it was that crowded. It seemed to have a lot of animals. Lots of elephants, monkees, gorillas. The rhinos were my favorites. They were very lively! Who knew?

Apparently the Knoxville Zoo has an excellent reputation and it showed.

Also, they have a beautiful bear exhibit.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
7. Re: Zoo(s)

That sounds like a pretty nice zoo!

How far is it from Gatlinburg?

Athens, Alabama
reviews: 312
8. Re: Zoo(s)

The black bear exhibit is at Ober Gatlinburg Ski Resort. Don't expect much out of it and maybe you won't be disappointed. Besides black bears are not very active this time of year except during warm spells. The animals at the Knoxville zoo are easy to see and not very far away from you like some of the animals at Grassmere. I ahven't been in several years but the polar bear exhibit was really fun.

Hickory, NC
9. Re: Zoo(s)

I have been to the Knoxville Zoo. It is a nice zoo and you can see the animals up close. We had a very nice time there.

Kenosha, Wisconsin
10. Re: Zoo(s)

I won't be there until like May...