We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 2
Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Wanted to check and see if anyone has had any recent experience with the Aardvark Cabin Rental Company - - I have found several threads, but most of them are at least a couple years old.

In particular, we're looking at their Above and Beyond cabin and their Puttin' on the Ritz cabin - - has anyone stayed at either one of those?

Thanks for any information!

136 replies to this topic
Mississippi
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge, Great Smoky Mountains National Park
reviews: 21
121. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Did you ask them to get the wifi fixed? Some folks have to maintain contact with work, so it would be more important to them.

Nahunta, Georgia
122. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

No I didn't ask. As I said it wasn't important to us.

123. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, October 21, 2013

124. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:05 pm, October 21, 2013

Pensacola, Florida
125. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Cherokeegurl, could you please email me? My email is Somerville55@cox.net. Thank you.

Ashebo
reviews: 1
126. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

I rented The cabin A Place to Remember I was wondering if anyone has stayed here and could tell me there experience ... After reading some of the other reviews I'm a little nervous now .. Any input would be appreciated

Grayling, Michigan
127. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

I have no knowledge of your specific cabins. However have Majestic Memories reserved for first week of April. We have rented from Aardvark the past couple of years The Moose is Loose and Whispering Waters both experiances have been very positive despite all of the negative reviews.

Good Luck!

128. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

We just got home today from staying at Bear Camp. I have to admit that I booked the cabin and then found the reviews. After reading the reviews I was terrified that our trip was going to be terrible. I have to say this trip was one of the best yet! I have absolutely no complaints! The cabin was beautiful! We had no issues at all with the rental company. Actually they called me on the way to the cabin and gave me the code # before the 3pm check-in time. Then when we left this morning I called the office to check out and theu wished us a safe trip home. The only thing I would give a heads up about is the roads to the cabin are very steep and at times narrow. I would not suggest staying here with any chance of snow. Otherwise it is a very beautiful cabin :)

Tulsa, Oklahoma
129. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Hi! My wife and I just returned from our trip to Pigeon forge. We used Aardvark cabin rentals. We Stayed at the morning desire cabin. On-line, the cabin was just what we needed for us and our children. When we got there, the cabin was filthy, the hot tub was ice cold, the temp was not working correctly. The indoor jacuzzi in the MB, shot out black gunk, every time we turned it on, there was no foosball table, the ping pong table had no net, the pinball machines did not work, there were mouse and rat droppings in the kitchen drawers. Every time we notified aardvark, or scott, the mgr, it was always , ok, we'll see if we can get a work order created for that. They came out a couple of times, and one issue out of all of those were resolved!!. Scott has to be the worst customer service cabin rental mgr i have ever dealt with...i would not recommend(AND I MEAN THIS), aardvark! Once they get your money, they really dont care!! We saw a couple staying next to us that got stuck on the steep driveway...they called scott, and he said, "well, you better get to calling a tow-truck"

New Salisbury...
130. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

We were at MORNING desire April 6 -11 2014

The cabin was wonderful beautiful. The hotub worked great. The cabin is smaller then it looks but plenty big enough for 6 adults. We had a bear every night try to get into the garbage which we found very exciting! The bear could not get into the trash bin. The road and drive was paved but STEEP! The driveway was really steep and scary and all our cars were smelling hot by the time we got to the top. There are cabins next to morning desire it's not secluded and about 7 miles from pigeon forge. I would not rent a cabin so high again to rough ink cars. The view was beyond pretty though.

Reply to: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted