We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Des Moines, Iowa
reviews: 2
Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Wanted to check and see if anyone has had any recent experience with the Aardvark Cabin Rental Company - - I have found several threads, but most of them are at least a couple years old.

In particular, we're looking at their Above and Beyond cabin and their Puttin' on the Ritz cabin - - has anyone stayed at either one of those?

Thanks for any information!

136 replies to this topic
Atlanta
reviews: 9
1. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Hi, I have both those cabins booked for a weekend in February and once my trip is complete I will post my experience with them. I do know from reading post that the roads leading to the cabin are in very bad conditions, and I was warned after I booked them that they recommend a 4 wheel drive SUV. Well I don't have that so I am having to rent one just to make sure myself and all my quest make it up there safely.

2. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:05 pm, January 11, 2011

Atlanta
3. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Hi, I have both those cabins booked for a weekend in February and once my trip is complete I will post my experience with them. I do know from reading post that the roads leading to the cabin are in very bad conditions, and I was warned after I booked them that they recommend a 4 wheel drive SUV. Well I don't have that so I am having to rent one just to make sure myself and all my quest make it up there safely.

Edited: 10:34 am, January 26, 2010
Des Moines, Iowa
4. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Thanks so much - I will be watching for your report after your trip!

Des Moines, Iowa
5. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Moving this back to the top - -

Gatlinburg...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

you need to read the other post on this subject

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60842-i150-k23370…

Atlanta
7. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

Unfortunately, I read those post after weeks of being booked ,this situation has really stressed me out I have friends and family coming from NY, NC, GA, and FL and their travel plans are already booked. All I can do at this point is pray that everyone makes to the cabin safely. I have called the company several times on one hand they are saying they drive their cars up there regularly and then on the other had they are suggesting 4 wheel drive with tire chains. I will definitely post my experience with them.

Tennessee
reviews: 32
8. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

You might want to look them up on The Better Business website. I always look there when I am checking out companies for the first time.

Atlanta
9. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

I did look them up after the I had booked them.I thing they have a F! The strangest thing is that I looked on line for reviews on the cabin themselves but could not find too many. My arrival date is Feb 19th and I will be sure to post everything.

Columbus, MS
10. Re: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?

bump....We are staying at Sky Rider in March.

Reply to: Aardvark Cabin Rentals - any recent experience?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted