We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Grass Lake, Michigan
reviews: 7
Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

Has anyone ever done a day trip over to the Biltmore while vacationing in Gatlinburg? I have always wanted to visit the Biltmore. How far is it?

Greenwood, Indiana
1. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

It is a 91 mile trip each direction to the Biltmore House. We did this once, and personally it was much too long of a day (and that was when I was 20 years younger) for everything there is to see at the Biltmore estate. I would suggest going either before getting to Gatlinburg, or after leaving on the way back home if possible.

Orange Beach
reviews: 8
2. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

I guess I have an opposing opinion. We've done a day trip to the Biltmore from the Gatlinburg area at least four times. The drive is not bad. We leave early in the morning. We have the entire day to visit, tour and enjoy the area and are at our home away from home by early to mid evening. We've done it with just hubbie and I, with our family and grandkids, and with extended family including siblings, cousins, nephews, neices, etc. - a gathering of around 25 - and still were able to make it doable and enjoyable. I would definitely add the Biltmore to my list - it is something to behold. The last time we went was this past Christmas. We had to make reservations for the tour because it was so busy. In fact - we made the trip from the Gatlinburg area then too.

Alabama
reviews: 110
3. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

My husband mentioned to me that he would like to visit Biltmore. I've been once and loved it. We LOVE their White Zinfandel wine.

Maybe on our next trip we will do a day trip over there. It costs close to $50 to go through the place. It was $25 when I went in 1995 while they were celebrating their 100th Birthday/Anniversary.

Orange Beach
reviews: 8
4. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

Okay Veebee, couldn't help but notice - T Town with an AU emblem. You live dangerously. My husband is a huge UA fan, season ticket holder and when our oldest left for college - she went to Auburn - it broke his heart to write out those tuition checks. Iron Bowl is interesting at our house.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Ohio, Sandusky
reviews: 65
5. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

i have also done a trip form gatlinburg to asheville. i didnt go to the biltmore, but we made the drive in less than 90 minutes. it would be worth it, to me.

(PS, I went to school at an ONU...i'm wondering if it's what your name refers to?)

Grass Lake, Michigan
6. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

ONU would be Ohio Northern University. I have two boys attending there. Ona senior and one a freshman. I am definately an ONU mom! I think we may do the Biltmore. We have 9 days in the smolkies so we can take the time out for it.

Heart of it all
Destination Expert
for Ohio
reviews: 12
7. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

We did it. The drive didn't seem that long. Maybe that was because we were enjoying the beautiful scenery along the way. It was a long day, but packing a lot into one day isn't unusualy for vacations, is it? We loved it!

Louisiana
8. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

I, too, think it makes a great day trip. The first time we went, it was the day after Thanksgiving and a family reunion in Gatlinburg. Not knowing any different, we set out early Friday morning. When we got there, we found out it was the first day of the Christmas Season. It was really AWESOME. When we looked out the window from the second floor, the line was as far as we could see across the lawn. We would like to go back during the Christmas Season and have seating for supper while there. The decoration, music and the overall mood was so festive as well as informative.

You won't regret spending the day.....

Carol

Ohio
reviews: 1
9. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

The last time we vacationed in Gatlinburg, we took a day to visit The Biltmore. We left as soon as we got up and spent the day at Biltmore. We didn't feel rushed or totally exhausted and we have 4 kiddos. It was a great day, the Biltmore is amazing: hard to imagine being that wealthy.

Grass Lake, Michigan
10. Re: Day trip to Biltmore while in Gatlinburg

I was shocked when I saw the price. Is it worth the money? My other worry is the ehat. Is it really hot in the house?