We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pumpkin rolls?

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Under your bed
reviews: 2
Pumpkin rolls?

With October coming up fast... I was wondering, are there any places in Gatlinburg that sell pumpkin rolls? For anyone who hasn't heard of them, they are rolled-up pumpkin-flavored cake with cream cheese filling. I ask because we are arriving near the end of October and I'd like to pick up a few for my family to enjoy at the condo.

Bowling Green...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

Oh my gosh...I just love Pumpkin rolls.

I have not made one for years, though.

Would also like to know if anyone knows of a place to buy them.

Jonesborough, TN
2. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

Try the Wild Plum Tea Room in the Arts & Crafts Community. When my daughter was there in the month of November about three years ago, her friend got one and she THINKS that it may have been at the Wild Plum Tea Room.

nashville tn
reviews: 1
3. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

I have never heard of pumpkin rolls but they sound delicious. I love anything that has cream cheese in it. I wonder if there's anywhere in Nashville that you could find them? I would love to try them. Does anyone have a recipe for them or know where I could find one?

Jonesborough, TN
4. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

Metalwulf, a footnote to my former post...

My daughter remembers the place they went into that her friend got the pumpkin roll had white wicker furniture and white, lacy table clothes. Sounds like a tea room to me! So I think I wuld try the Wild Plum Tea Room first. I suppose if the thought of going into a frilly tea room makes you gulp, you could be sure to have a close relative/friend of the female persuasion go in and get one for you! ;)

Brenda2, I found some recipes for pumpkin rolls at about.com.

I clicked on food and drink in the column to the left. When I got there, I typed in pumkin roll at the top of the page. It gave me four recipes. My personal favorite (after reading all the recipes-haven't made one yet) is the second recipe.

See what you think...

Under your bed
5. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

'you could be sure to have a close relative/friend of the female persuasion go in and get one for you! ;)'

.... I'm a girl.

But not a very girly one :P

Jonesborough, TN
6. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

OHHH!! NOOO!! I am so sorry!! I was going by the picture by your screen name and it looked like a guy with white face paint!! Oh the embarrassment! It's times like these when I am gratetful for message boards to hide behind! :) Hope you can forgive me.

I'll claim senility seeing as how I just had my 50th birthday last month. My girls wouldn't argue with that... :(

Under your bed
7. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

lol, that's quite alright. The guy in my picture is Stumpy from Ripley's Haunted Adventure :) It's my fav place in Gatlinburg, hence my icon.

And thanks for the info on the Tea Room!

nashville tn
reviews: 1
8. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

Thanks klm81955. I will definitely check it out. I also owe metalwulf an apology. I thought the picture was Marilyn Manson. Goes to show how much I know doesn't it?

Jonesborough, TN
9. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

Well, I do feel better that I was not the only one mistaken, brenda2!

And I hope you find your pumpkin roll, metalwulf! My husband and I will be in Gatlinburg in November. I guess I could check out the Wild Plum myself and try some if they have any. I love pumpkin bread and I love cream cheese!

Indiana
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
reviews: 14
10. Re: Pumpkin rolls?

There is a little shop in The Village called Desserts & More. Their menu doesn't have pumpkin rolls on it, but you might check them out and see if maybe they add them as a seasonal dessert.