We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner shows

Which Gatlinburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
reviews: 1
Dinner shows

Hi everyone!

We are going to Gatlinburg in May and my family wants to see a dinner show. We did go to Dolly's Dixie Stampede on our last visit . We enjoyed it , but would like to see something different this time. Any suggestions out there?

Thanks!

Gatlinburg
Destination Expert
for Gatlinburg
reviews: 37
1. Re: Dinner shows

I have heard that the Black Bear Jamboree is very entertaining. If you want to see a show without dinner and you like British comedy you should check out Sweet Fanny Adams theator in Gatlinburg.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Dinner shows

Black Bear Jamboree two years in a row. Loved it the first time we saw it. Disappointed the second year when there was no change in the show from the year before. We are gonna wait a while until we know it has changed a bit to got back.

Kentucky
reviews: 114
3. Re: Dinner shows

We were pleasantly surprised at how much we enjoyed The Fiddler's Feast. The food and entertainment were great. The Black Bear Jamboree and the Showplace Dinner Theater were also fun with good food. Children would probably enjoy Black Bear most.

unionville tenn.
reviews: 10
4. Re: Dinner shows

Liked the food at Fiddler's Feast and enjoyed the show. We went to Black Bear the first year they opened and liked the show but not the food. I have heard some say it is better now. I haven't been to Showplace since Lou Vuto has come there but some friends saw it last fall and said it was a great show and the food was really good, of course the biggest part of this show is Elvis so it helps if you are an Elvis lover. Overall I don't think the show food compares to most resturants but most people expect that going in. We did sit by one dummy at Fiddler's Feast though who complained about his steak , said he had eaten at Allamo and Peddler and their steaks were much better. I wanted to say DUH did you come expecting to get steakhouse quality going through a serving line?

Cinn, OH
reviews: 26
5. Re: Dinner shows

We (50 and over) love Dixie Stampede. Black Bear was ok, I have had better ribs,dessert was a chocolate pudding dish. kids meal was high in carbs,5 year old grandson had chicken nuggest, tater tots, corn, mac and cheese, he ate it all.The best part was we bought the cd of show, and he loves to watch it over and over so he can see himself.The show was ok, but I think we will wait a few years before going again. Comedy Barn is a great variety show for all ages, you could eat somewhere else either before the show or after.

NW part of Ohio
6. Re: Dinner shows

That's what I'd like to know....Ive heard mixed reviews about dinner shows.... I wanted to go to one with my 18 mos old and my 10 yr old... but Im worried about kids menu for my son since he's a picky eater.....my toddler will be sitting on my lap for the dinner show. I heard Dixie is all finger food.... itll be awkward for me to hold my toddler on one side and try to eat with one hand and making sure she doesnt pull the plate down or something...lol

I had asked about the Hoot n Hollar....both dinner and show wasnt good.

Gonzales, Louisiana
reviews: 27
7. Re: Dinner shows

At Dixie Stampede I had dirt fly up into my food. I didn' t really enjoy the food too much there- it was ok. I do not like Pepsi products either, so didn't like that about DS.I felt like the servers had too many people to attend to at DS- they did their jobs well though. I haven't really read much about Fiddler's Feast that was supportive, so it is nice to see some positive reviews, because it is a place that has sparked my interest. I'd like to go to Country Tonight- think that's the name??? But I don't think they serve dinner. I thought I heard that the Smith-Family show was a very good show to go to as well- but i'm not sure whether they serve dinner (probably not?).

I heard that a town here in Louisiana is supposed to get this movie theater place that serves dinner. I think Kansas is the nearest state with something like it. I'm not sure what this is all about yet, and really don't see how it will work, but I guess it will.

8. Re: Dinner shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 am, August 26, 2009