We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tetons & YNP in July

Which Moose hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ruston, Louisiana
Tetons & YNP in July

Thinking of heading out to see the Tetons & Yellowstone Pk In.July(the wife myself & 2 children ages 15 & 5) We will have 2 weeks for our 4K mile round trip from La.(gas = $800-$1000 bucks)That being said I am looking for some where to stay that want cost me an arm and a leg close to Jackson Hole & YNP.I plan on being out & about most of the time so it doesn't have to be too fancy.If I could find a hotel...motel...cabin for around $100 bucks or less that would offset the cost of fuel .I plan on stoping for a couple of days around Estes Park than on to the Tetons & YNP area for 5 or 6 days than to Cody for a couple of days....Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Louisiana, Missouri
reviews: 15
1. Re: Tetons & YNP in July

I considered making this loop from Baton Rouge, but have decided to fly. Chain hotels may be your best bet.

Moose, Wyoming
Destination Expert
for Wyoming, Jackson, Jackson Hole
reviews: 2
2. Re: Tetons & YNP in July

In Jackson, I'd suggest the Motel 6, Pony Express Motel or the Buckrail Lodge. All are about 13 miles south of GTNP's main visitors center and therefore a good location for seeing GTNP. You could also check for cabins inside the park.

For YNP, check with Xanterra or look for a cheap motel in West Yellowstone or Gardiner, MT.

Driggs, Idaho
Destination Expert
for Grand Teton National Park
reviews: 63
3. Re: Tetons & YNP in July

Hello -

For your in between time (YNP and GTNP), this might be an option - www.hatchetresort.com/lodging.rates.php

Hatchet Resort. A bit N of the N gate to GTNP.

Your time in YNP is best spent w/lodging inside the park. The other option is Flagg Ranch but it still puts you at the S end of YNP, leaving a lot driving in front of you every day. I see you are aware of gas etc - so the extra expense of staying in Yellowstone might offset that cost. YNP is huge and trying to justify lodging costs might not be reasonable when your time spent on the road is more valuable.

Oakland, California
reviews: 5
4. Re: Tetons & YNP in July

Not sure if you are looking for one room or two rooms, but we stayed at the cabins that were at Snake River Park KOA and they were great. The property is right on the Snake River and the cabin we stayed in could sleep 5 with everyone having a bed. The cabins have full bathrooms and full kitchens and were really nice. They were higher than the price range you were mentioning, but we saved money because we cooked (they also have a gas BBQ and patio outside the cabins) and also saved money with the activity discount on river rafting and horseback riding that they offer. It really was a great stay.

N. Idaho
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park
reviews: 79
5. Re: Tetons & YNP in July

Isnt the Snake River KOA located pretty far south of Jackson, like 10 miles or so? That would not be convenient for touring Yellowstone.

Pam

Reply to: Tetons & YNP in July
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Moose