We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepayment for Vacation Rentals - Grand Marais Area

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Prepayment for Vacation Rentals - Grand Marais Area

We are renting a cabin we found on a vacation website (I think VRBO). We have made a deposit, but they are asking that the remainder be paid 45 days out from the stay. Is that common? Should I be concerned or just roll with it?

Stillwater...
reviews: 8
1. Re: Prepayment for Vacation Rentals - Grand Marais Area

We've used VRBO before, 30 to 45 days is pretty standard. If you are worried, you can also take out extra "insurance" from VRBO. Most Credit cards do include similar insurance (fraud protection).

minneapolis
reviews: 121
2. Re: Prepayment for Vacation Rentals - Grand Marais Area

It's not uncommon... just be sure to have all your documentation in line to back up your reservation. I've used VRBO several times with no problems, even in foreign countries. I have not always signing a contract, but you can also call and talk with the property rep. In the past, that has alleviated my concerns.

3. Re: Prepayment for Vacation Rentals - Grand Marais Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 16, 2013