We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

parks & trails

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
iowa
reviews: 5
parks & trails

With the government shut down what are the parks & trails looking like. I am wanting to plan a trip up there for the fall colors but if the trails are cruddy I think I may have to wait a year.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 4
1. Re: parks & trails

We really won't know until the parks officially re-open but there was an article in the paper this past week that mentioned since garbage pick up and maintenance have been cancelled the parks are in rough shape. Hard to tell with the actual trails, though but I would guess they will be back to normal by fall color season.

The governor & legislature have reached a tentative agreement and once approved - Possibly this week? - the parks will re-open. The conjecture is a special session will be called for early this week and if were to speculate I'd say the parks and other state locations closed will re-open within 7 days.

Minnesota
reviews: 297
2. Re: parks & trails

We were in Grand Marais during the shut down and all of the trails were open. We even spoke to a DNR employee who was checking to make sure that there was no camping going on at the State Park we were at and he told us to have a good time. You are unable to drive into any parks, but you can park on the highway and walk to the trails. All visitor centers as well as the lighthouse are closed, but the trails are open.

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
reviews: 18
3. Re: parks & trails

Most of the parks and trails aren't run by the state parks, plus the shut down is over....were up there during the shut down and all was great! Come on up and have fun!

4. Re: parks & trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:58 am, September 25, 2011
5. Re: parks & trails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, September 03, 2013