We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Shore childcare/baby sitting

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
North Shore childcare/baby sitting

My wife and I have a newborn. We love going to the North Shore for hiking/birding/fall colors. We want to bring our baby along, but don't want to bring him along for any rugged hikes. Does anyone know of any childcare options on the North Shore so we can get a few hours worth of hikes in?

Minnesota
reviews: 328
1. Re: North Shore childcare/baby sitting

There is a new daycare opening this fall just south of Lutsen. However, I assume that this is a permanent childcare business that will only take year-round children. The Grand Ely lodge in Eli offers childcare at the hotel for those staying there, but I'm not sure if they take infants.

Minneapolis...
reviews: 686
2. Re: North Shore childcare/baby sitting

When my son was about 8 weeks old we climbed Eagle Mountain, the highest point in MN. My husband wore the snuggly and he slept on the whole hike against his front side. Don't know if they make the snuggly anymore it was a long time ago, but I'm' sure there are similiar front carriers that would work. It was very enjoyable having the baby with us. Wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving him with a stranger at that young age.

3. Re: North Shore childcare/baby sitting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 23, 2013