We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gunflint Trail

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 61
Gunflint Trail

Hi

Our long awaited trip is rapidly coming around now and we are very excited.

Can I just please ask if anyone has heard of any feedback for Loon Lake Lodge on the Gunflint Trail? We booked last year when there one just one review - but there is still only one review - a good one at that!!

They seem lovely people to deal with via email etc. but with only one review, I just wondered if anyone knew of it.

Thank you :)

Norther Illinois
reviews: 15
1. Re: Gunflint Trail

Loon Lake Lodge is a great place. Clean, comfortable cabins and log cabins on a hill overlooking a large bay on Loon Lake, or on the lakeshore. Fantastic meals in the dining room. (Be sure to try the roasted duck and the ribs.) Cabin rental prices are moderate to low for the area and an exceptional deal in my opinion.

Great canoeing and many hiking trails in the area. Fishing is good to great on Loon Lake depending on the season and the weather. Loon Lake is one of the best Lake Trout fishing lakes on the Gunflint Trail.

Owners Tom & Terry Caldwell are great people.

London, United...
reviews: 61
2. Re: Gunflint Trail

Thank you for the feedback. I must admit from the first time I communicated with Tom and Terry I had a 'good feel' about it and that's why we booked, plus great prices - they seem lovely people.

But thanks again for replying, we are really looking forward to staying there and will definitely try out those ribs!!

3. Re: Gunflint Trail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, March 07, 2011