We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer stay

Which Grand Marais hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
se kansas
reviews: 9
Summer stay

Coming to Grand Marais in July. Wanting to be within walking distance to town and we need a kitchen. There will be 5 of us. We are looking for a great deal as we will be going on up into Canada for a week following our Grand Marais trip. Thanks

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 88
1. Re: Summer stay

Unfortunately, I don't know Grand Marais well enough to offer a specific suggestion. However, have you checked out www.exploreminnesota.com? They have a search engine for hotels/motel/cabins in MN and you can do an advanced search for kitchens.

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
reviews: 15
2. Re: Summer stay

My co-worker raves about EastBay Suites in Grand Marais. It's right downtown and within walking distance.

http://www.eastbaysuites.com/

I like to stay out of town when I'm on the NorthShore so I'm usually at BlueFin Bay or AmericInn - in Tofte.

Minneapolis
reviews: 7
3. Re: Summer stay

You might want to check out the cabins at Nelson's Travelers Rest, on the south edge of town. They're less than $100 -- East Bay Suites are more than $200.

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
reviews: 18
4. Re: Summer stay

Nelson's is a great option. We've stayed with them several times and they are great folks. We've stayed in Cabin 12 a couple of times. It's a nicer, newer 2 bedroom that sits off by itself a bit. No lake view, but quiet with a full kitchen, living room, and deck.

East Bay is a nice downtown location and the suties are pretty posh, but the pricetag is steep.

se kansas
reviews: 9
5. Re: Summer stay

I've contacted Nelson's and they do have 1 cabin available. I've also looked at Trailside? Any comparisons? Thanks

Saint Paul...
reviews: 30
6. Re: Summer stay

Grand Marais is a favorite destination of mine! You are in for a treat if you haven't been before. I think I've stayed most places in town and have two recommendations for you...if you want a nicer, full-service locale I HIGHLY recommend East Bay Suites which is right on the main street but is on the lake so you are close to everything but still on the lake. Each suite has a full kitchen complete with everything you need except the food. (which you can buy at the great Co-op located right out the back door of the hotel. It is a bit pricey but you can get a two bedroom suite that accommodates 6 (the pull out couch is really not bad). Check their website for deals!

Another option is to check vrbo.com or homeaway.com for home/condo rentals available in Grand Marais which is a great option when traveling with a larger group.

Have a great trip!

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
reviews: 18
7. Re: Summer stay

Nelson's is down home and old time northwoods. East Bay is slick, modern transposed on the north woods. Both are nice..take your pick.

Minneapolis
reviews: 7
8. Re: Summer stay

I just toured a bunch of mom-and-pop motels in Grand Marais, and many of them rent cottages, too. Nelson's was nice and also cheapest. I also liked Lund's Motel and Cottages, across the highway and also a short walk from downtown.

If you want a really spectacular view, see if you can get No. 4 at Timberlund's on the clifftop just south of town. It's really nice (in an old-time way) and even has a view from the kitchen sink, midwestweekends.com/plan_a_trip/stay/hotels_…

9. Re: Summer stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, November 29, 2010