We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Which Page hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 8
Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Is is possible to visit all 3 in 5 days? I want to see the Canyon #1, Antelope Canyon for photos #2, then Sedona...if I had to skip one, which one should I skip? I will be coming from Lake Arrowhead, CA.

Thank you! Looking for best photography opportunities.

Tucson, Arizona
reviews: 6
1. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

I wouldn't skip any of them, unless the 5 days include that travel days from Lake Arrowhead and to wherever you go next..

Looks like it will be 7 hours to the GC. Get a good early start and you will be there early afternoon. You will have time to take the free shuttle to all the viewpoints along Hermit's Rest Road. Check into your room (get one inside the park), in time to see the canyon at sunset. See the canyon at sunrise and, after breakfast, head out along the east rim drive, stopping at all or most of the named viewpoints, but definitely stop at Desert View.

Out the east entrance, stop for lunch (Navajo Taco) at the Cameron Trading Post, then on to Page. If you will have 5 nights, I would spend 2 in Page, then to Sedona for 2 nights. If you only have 4 nights, I would do only one night in Page and two in Sedona.

Edited: 2:07 pm, January 31, 2013
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
reviews: 118
2. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Ditto Mike. Book GCNP for one night. 1-2 at Page and 2-3 at Sedona

Beaufort, South...
reviews: 3
3. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

First I would like to ask what time of the year will you be taking your trip? From Flagstaff you are only 22 miles from Sedona. Then about 45 minutes to Cameron Trading Post and Lodge. Another 90 miles to Page or 45 minutes to Grand Canyon. Personally I could not imagine coming to Az. and not seeing any of of these beautiful places. Just finished booking our 9th trip from Southeast Georgia for April. Besides Antelope Canyon and Lake Powell there is not much else in Page. Keep in mind if it is cloudy your not going to get colors in AC. This is our plans. Fly into Phx., head for CTP. Great place to stay and the food is great. Next morning head for Page for 11:30 tour in AC.(weather permitting) back to CTP. 2 nights in Monument Valley. (2 hours from CTP) 1 at Goulding Lodge ( 3 hour jeep tour) and 1 Mexican Hat Lodge in MH Utah (22 miles from MV) could not get 2 nights in MV but MHL is where we stayed last year and it is one of a kind. Older but well kept and unique. Valley of the Gods and Gooseneck Park only about 15 minutes from MHL..2 hours back to CTP for overnight before heading to GC for 2 nights.. Only 45 mintues to the Tower from rear entrance. A day each will give you enough time to hit the high spots. Hermit's Rest is a must .Leaving for Sedona (about 2 hours depending on traffic) for a 7 night stay. We use CTP for our base lodging. 3 nights CTP, 2 MV and 2 GC. So much to see in Sedona. Don't miss Red Rock Park and Crossing. (most photographed)Sunrise/Sunsets are awesome. Also Airport Mesa overlooking Sedona the same. Short trip to Jerome and view from Mingus Mt. is well worth the trip. The ride thru Oak Creek Canyon from Flagstaff to Sedona is amazing. 22 miles of beauty. I know you don't have 14 days like us but have not always been able to stay this long for some of our past visits. You can do Sedona, GC, AC or MV in your 5 days but would strongly suggest not missing Sedona or GC and MV is a good alternative to AC if the weather turns nasty. Check out CTP (Native owned and run)on their site for some great info for these places. You will not regret staying there, Clean and the Trading Post is very interesting. Suggest the Navajo Stew w/Fry Bread) Depending on when you are coming will determine if your can even get reservations inside GC or MV. Depending on your budget I suggest Sedona Summit. Located across from RR Park and Crossing. Easy to catch SR/SS's I hope this helps.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona
reviews: 7
4. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

If you get to Page, be sure to also do the walk out to Horseshoe Bend overlook. Fantastic photo op! Be careful there....no railings!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
reviews: 42
5. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Are you going back to Lake Arrowhead after your visit?

Massachusetts
6. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Hi ! Now that I think I want to add in Antelope, I might be dropping Lake Arrowhead. I don't think I will have time to Sedona, Grand Canyon and Antelope in 9 days. I think visiting my Uncle in California will have to be another trip! Just wondering if I can fit all that in and what's best to see?

Thank you!

Massachusetts
7. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Thanks so much for your tip....there just seems to be so much to see, it looks like I'll be planning another trip out there soon! :) Thank you!

Massachusetts
8. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Thanks so much! I think I might drop California and add a few more days in so that we're not stressing to see everything and rushing and make California another trip! I am a photography nut so it takes me a long time to get anywhere!!! My family swears I'm not allowed cameras on vacations LOL. Thanks for the tips!

Kathy

Massachusetts
9. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

Wow thank you so much for all the wonderful information--oh geez I had not even looked at Monument Valley - I think I need to add another week. The CTP looks like a lot of fun! I'm thinking now of starting in Sedona for a three nights, headed to the Canyon two nights then to Page two nights then back to Sedona for a night then sadly home. I think as recommended by everyone I can fit in most of the things I want to do. If I do decide to do California as originally planned I can add to the beginning of the Arizona part. Again thank you so much for taking the time to help. I am planning on going the 3rd week in September -- airlines flight prices are great right now for that time of year! ..I'm from Mass.

Kathy

Massachusetts
10. Re: Grand Canyon, Page, Sedona

I'm still up in the air about California now...I might have been a little too aggressive in my planning. I don't want to short change myself on seeing any of the above mentioned places! Thanks again.