We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

any horse folks out there?

Which Silver City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Katy, Texas
any horse folks out there?

We recently bought some land in Silver (not zoned for horses, unfortunately). I am trying to get an idea of what the horse community is like in Silver, as well find out about any special health/care concerns.

Any local shows - if so, what type? Best places to ride? How is trailer access? Any place to carriage drive? Local riding clubs? Any health problems, besides the need for Psyllium? I know of one riding stable – do any of you know of more and have recommendations? Any other Morgan owners out there?

Thank you!

Jerri in Texas

Silver City, New...
Destination Expert
for Silver City, New Mexico
reviews: 37
1. Re: any horse folks out there?

Jerri:

Since you mentioned being in touch with Ralph Gauer in your other Silver City post, I suggest that he might be a good resource for equine info. Also, Leah Jones at Gila Wilderness Ventures in nearby Glenwood may be able to answer questions; she runs day rides, pack trips and even sets up drop camps in the area so she is well-versed in horse lore (whereas I barely know one end of a horse from the other).

Mitch

2. Re: any horse folks out there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, August 28, 2009