We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St. Patrick's visit help needed

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Voorhees, New Jersey
reviews: 106
St. Patrick's visit help needed

Hopefully I can get some help on this topic. My wife and I, along with some of our friends are hell bent on going away again for St. Patrick's Day this year. The contenders are: Manhattan, Brooklyn, Boston, and Hoboken or Jersey City? Any help would be great, including places to stay, Irish pub grub, great places for pints, parades, parties, etc. Thanks to all in advance!

Slainte!

Dallas, Texas...
Destination Expert
for New York City
reviews: 13
1. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

Asking for a list of Irish pubs, bars, St. Patrick's day activities and a list of hotels for five different destinations is really not a reasonable request to make of the forums. It's a huge amount of information. It's not even a reasonable request for just one destination.

Learn about each destination. Look at the list of recommended hotels on TA, determine your budget, maybe google for St Patrick's event schedules for each place. Decide which sound appealing to you. Then you can go to the particular forum and post specific questions.

Voorhees, New Jersey
2. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

Thanks so much for your help

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
3. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

You can be in NY for the St Patrick's day parade on Saturday the 16th and then get an early morning train to Boston for the parade and festivities on the 17th. Just thought I would mix things up a bit more ;)

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 53
4. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

Also you posted this on the Brooklyn forum. You may get more responses on the New York City forum

reviews: 2
5. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

Sheriff, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Jersey City and Hoboken are all basically the New York City area. Boston is 4 or 5 hours north of NYC by car. Boston has a great parade and a good Irish party scene (like any other Irish scene on Pattys Day). The parade is in South Boston "Southie" and unlike the New York City parade its in a Nieghborhood. Resendiential. The NYC parade is heading straight up 5th ave and is actually Grand. I have been to Boston twice on Pattys Day, I like NYC better, just my opinion. The Hoboken parade has been cancled the last 2 years because of the crazyness. I have no clue why Jersey city popped into your mind for Pattys Day, its not known for Pattys Day. Brooklyn of course still has some Irish areas but the Irish there usually hit manhattan for the day than head home and hit the local bars.

Voorhees, New Jersey
6. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

Thank you for your help. It appears its a neck and neck race now between NYC and Boston for sure. I like the idea about hitting both, thanks!!!

7. Re: St. Patrick's visit help needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, January 26, 2014