We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 59
Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

Teena's Bakery on Ralph Ave recently closed. It was an old fashion Jewish bakery. They had what must have been a 12' (4 meter) long case loaded with traditional Jewish pastries, cookies, cakes, and bread.

Several years back, Leon's on Knapp Street closed.

Are there any more Jewish bakeries (non Kosher) left?

If so, please name them.

reviews: 2
1. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

jewishtraveladvisor.com/…

I grew up near Leons on Knapp street, that was a great place. I assume Williamsburgh, Borough Park, Parts Of Kings Highway and even Brighton Beach Will have some

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
2. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

There are lots of kosher Jewish bakeries. Is there a reason you only want non-kosher?

Brooklyn, NY
3. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

I'm taking a group of my travel friends from Flyertalk to Brooklyn on a Saturday.

All the good bakeries are closed on Shabbas.

Ksbrooklyn, thanks for the link.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
4. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

I stayed at Hotel Condor in Williamsburg and there were stacks of Jewish bakeries in the area. They were almost all great, though I couldn't name you a specific one.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
5. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

They were all kosher, Paul.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 9
6. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

Oh, I missed that part of the OP's question. Is it even possible to have a non-kosher, authentic Jewish bakery? Seems like an odd request.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
7. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

He wanted a place that would be open on Saturday. There are a few that fit the bill, but not many.

Brooklyn, NY
8. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

When we grew up in Brooklyn, there were plenty of these bakeries. These days, just a couple remain.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
9. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

To be fair, there are LOTS of Jewish bakeries in Brooklyn, it's just that most of them are kosher.

10. Re: Old fashion type Jewish bakeries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 13, 2014