We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Thornton
reviews: 17
Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Hello Everyone!

My girlfriend and I are visiting NY for the Thanksgiving Break. We are looking forward to attending the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. Can anyone tell me a good method of transportation with details to get to Central Park from Brooklyn? I'm sure every method is going to be packed and crazy. I need some suggestions on how and when to leave brooklyn to get to CP for the parade.

Thanks in advance for sharing/answering!!!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

If you look at a map, you'll see that Brooklyn is HUGE. There is no one way to get from Brooklyn to anywhere. You need to tell us where exactly in Brooklyn you'll be staying.

Ultimately, assuming you're staying near a subway station (and if you're not, you should change your accomodations) then you'll want to take the subway to the parade. You can use the subway map at mta.info to see where the lines run.

Thornton
2. Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Thank you for the website....we will be staying close to the Carroll St station. Do you have any suggestions on the best time to leave for the parade? Im sure the subway and streets are going to be loaded so what do you think...maybe a couple hours or so?

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
3. Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

You need to be on the route by 6am to get a view. Plan to be on the subway at 5am. Dress warmly, and go to the bathroom in advance.

The easiest way to get there is to take the F train all the way into midtown. Which stop will depend on where exactly you hope to stand. I'd suggest posting on the New York City forum for parade advice.

Thornton
4. Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Thank you for the website....we will be staying close to the Carroll St station. Do you have any suggestions on the best time to leave for the parade? Im sure the subway and streets are going to be loaded so what do you think...maybe a couple hours or so?

5. Re: Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 16, 2013