We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Plus Prospect Park

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
reviews: 7
Best Western Plus Prospect Park

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are flying to New York (JFK) tomorrow and are staying at the above hotel. I was wondering (a)(roughly) how much a taxi would cost from the airport to the hotel, (b) the cost and time it takes to get a Subway to Central Manhattan and (c) how safe the neighbourhood is. Thank you to anyone who takes time to respond to my questions.

Liverpool
1. Re: Best Western Plus Prospect Park

Sorry to add another question but was also wondering how much it costs and how east it is to get a train from the Airport to the hotel? Thanks again.

New York City, New...
reviews: 13
2. Re: Best Western Plus Prospect Park

I'm sorry you waited so late to ask this, as your situation is not a good one because of Hurricane Sandy.

I assume you realize that your hotel is not very conveniently located for typical visitors to New York. Right now, matters are even worse, because the subway line you would take from there to Manhattan (the R train) is out of service under the East River due to the hurricane, so it will take an extra long time getting to Manhattan and will require a transfer. You'll need to transfer to the F or D trains in Brooklyn -- both of those are operating between Brooklyn and Manhattan. If you get to Manhattan in 30 minutes, you'll be doing well.

Ordinarily, you could get to that hotel from the airport by taking the Airtrain to the A train, then changing to the R at Jay Street-Metrotech and taking that to the 25th Street stop, near your hotel. (Note that this is the 25th Street stop in Brooklyn, so you'd take the R train that's bound for Bay Ridge.) Unfortunately, the hurricane knocked out the connection between the Airtrain and the A train, so you'll need to take a bus (I think the Q10) to the A train, then follow the directions above.

It will, of course, be much easier to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel, though you may need to give the taxi driver directions, as your hotel is not in an area many drivers will be familiar with (and GPS systems are not ubiquitous in taxis). In normal circumstances, I'd guess around $50 for that taxi ride; right now, it could be in that ballpark or it could be much more expensive, given the traffic issues related to the hurricane.

Liverpool
3. Re: Best Western Plus Prospect Park

Thank you for your reply. We were originally due to stay at the Seaport in Manhattan but obviously cannot due to the storm and have been moved here. Ordinarily we would have not stayed here but had limited choice of where we can move to. We are just going to enjoy the trip as much as we can. Thanks again.

4. Re: Best Western Plus Prospect Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, November 28, 2013