We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 1
JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

Hi,

I need to find out how to get a train from JFK airport to Kosciusko Street 'M' as we are staying a few blocks away from this station. I believe it would cost about US$45 in a cab and as I have to return to collect my son in the afternoon and back again, I was hoping the train would be much cheaper. Can anyone advise on how I go about getting to and from the airport to this station and roughly the cost involved?

Also, as we are now having an extra person stay in our rented accommodation and there isn't enough beds supplied, we are hoping we could 'hire' a single mattress for 5 nights that we could use in the apartment for our stay. Is there a place located in Brooklyn that I could contact re this arrangement - we would have to have it delivered and picked up. (An air mattress is out of the question as the person requiring it has back problems). Thank you to anyone that can help with either question. Much appreciated. Anne

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 7
31. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

thank you skiiatl. that's a much needed info.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Brooklyn
reviews: 48
32. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

Bennthere - that's not a good area for a tourist to stay and it's definitely not central. There's not much on Eastern Parkway and at night the neighborhood is pretty shady. Try to find another place.

Los Angeles, CA
reviews: 7
33. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

Platna....it's good to know. Appreciate you sharing this info.

Thank you!

Austin
reviews: 6
34. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

You got that right!. Your mattress is your space, no one elses! you can get a cheap mattress topper to improve the situation as this should give you some ownership over the bed whilst you're in it.

I think you'll be ok here, should be a great trip

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
35. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

Skiiatl's directions are not correct, if they're directed toward Beenthere.

The J train does not stop at DeKalb Avenue, and it runs nowhere near Crown Heights.

The directions leaving JFK, while possible, are far from the best. If you take the Q10 bus you first have to get to the one terminal at JFK at it leaves from (using the intra-airport Air Train) before you even start your trip.

Union Street is a long street, so you'd need to give a more precise location in order to get correct directions.

36. Re: JFK to Brooklyn by train & a bed to hire!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 14, 2013