We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
cheshire
reviews: 6
Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Hi Arriving start of May at Brooklyn cruise terminal at looking to go to Newark airport for midday flight so I will be off early any recommendations to limo companies. Approx cost would be helpful have used Dial 7 in Manhattan there were OK looking at either Dial 7 or Carmel any thoughts cost reliability etc thanks in advance Oh one other thing how long should I book in advance want to make sure get a ride or is there plenty of Limos

cheshire
11. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

affluent_trav... who do you use as your car service provider?,,,,,, guess you find them fair price and reliable?

New York City, New...
reviews: 15
12. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Dial 777-7777 for a professional limousine service.

BB

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
13. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

The issue of bridge tolls might distinguish a major service, like Dial 7, from a local Brooklyn-based service. The local service would be unlikely to have a return fare from the airport back to Brooklyn, so I'd imagine they'd want you to pay the Goethals toll since they'll have to pay it on their empty return trip to Brooklyn.

Big companies, like Dial 7, are likely to use the vehicle you just took to Newark Airport for another fare from Newark Airport. Again, you'd need to inquire with the company, but they really shouldn't be charging you for a toll that won't be charged on your trip. They won't be returning empty to Brooklyn.

Within New York City taxis are required to use the EZ-pass, and should be charging you the EZ-pass rate. That won't necessarily apply for out of state trips with a car service.

cheshire
14. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Thanks all I will stick with Dial 7 as posters say the are big and professional, I will ask tolls when I book to ensure clarity

New York
reviews: 35
15. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

the car service I personally use is defintely reliable. I have the same driver picking me up everytime I go away and return home.

cheshire
16. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

affluent_trav... who is the car service you use for my consideration?

New York
reviews: 35
17. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

please check your message box, I sent the information

Brooklyn, NY
reviews: 17
18. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Auden, let me clarify for you. Yes you do pay the toll only one way but that is one way on each bridge or tunnel. for instance you pay the toll going into Staten Island from Brooklyn on the Verrazano but not on your return to Brooklyn. The same goes for the Goethals Bridge (not sure which way you pay) but it is either into New Jersey or into Staten Island (I think it is into Staten Island). Paying for just one of the bridges does not give you a free pass on the others.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
19. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

You missed Auden's point, princess. Auden is saying that in a local service, you'll have to pay tolls both ways because the car will likely return to the city empty. A rider might have to pay the tolls on the bridges that have tolls one way going into the city, like the Goethals, on a ride to Newark.

Saint Louis...
reviews: 27
20. Re: Limos from Brooklyn cruise terminal to Newark Airport

Italian Prince:

Yes, that was clear from my post. If one were going from Brooklyn to Newark Airport, the limo would pay the Verrazano toll, but not the Goethals toll, which is charged from New Jersey to Staten Island. So if someone were going round-trip, as a Brooklyn based limo would be doing on its empty return to Brooklyn, the limo would pay both tolls (on the Verrazano on the way to the airport, and on the Goethals on the way back.)

However, in the case of a larger car service company, they would not be returning to Brooklyn, but using the car at Newark Airport to pick up another fare. So they wouldn't pay the Goethals toll. I suggested that the OP inquire of the car service as to how they would handle this in charging him for his trip.