We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking for Brooklyn Bridge

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island
reviews: 30
Parking for Brooklyn Bridge

I am a life long resident of Long Island and am just starting to explore New York. I would like to drive to Brooklyn, park the car and walk across the bridge to Manhattan to explore (I realize that my activities on the other side should be addressed in another forum), and walk back later in the day or at dusk. Can you tell me where I can park on the brooklyn side? Are there better options? Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
1. Re: Parking for Brooklyn Bridge

I'll suggest that your Brooklyn inquiries might be better addressed on the New York City forum too - we cover all five boroughs in that forum, and you'll get more responses since more people "hang out" over there. Before you repost, though, let me ask: have you considered taking public transit to Brooklyn for your expedition? Parking in downtown Brooklyn isn't particularly easy, and you'll almost certainly have to pay to park the car. If you let us know what day you're thinking about doing this, and how many of you there will be (is it just you, you plus a partner, you plus kids, etc.) it will likely affect our answers.

However you get here: you're going to love it. :)

Long Island
reviews: 30
2. Re: Parking for Brooklyn Bridge

I think my next chance to do this will be Veterans Day - and It will be me and my 2 girls (13 & 18). We just hiked about 5-6 miles in Manhattan last week without a problem and want to try different locations. We drove in and paid $32 to park which was less than the train would have cost - plus I have no knowledge of how to use the trains and feel more comfortable driving (yes, even though I have lived on LI all my life) - but I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

3. Re: Parking for Brooklyn Bridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:42 am, March 13, 2011