We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cab to Manhattan

Which Brooklyn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
reviews: 88
Cab to Manhattan

Hi...I'm looking to book at the Marriot but expect I'll spend most of my time in Manhattan. Can you tell me an approx price of a cab from Broadway to the hotel?...or does the subway run all night??

Any help much appreciated.

NY
reviews: 63
1. Re: Cab to Manhattan

The subway runs all night. I believe a cab is $2.50 initial charge and 20 cents every 1/10 of a mile. There could also be an extra charge if stuck in traffic and not moving for a specified period.

Southampton, United...
reviews: 88
2. Re: Cab to Manhattan

Thanks...any surcharge for going across the bridge? I 'm just trying to work out whether it;s cheaper to stay in Manhattan if I take travel costs into account

NY
reviews: 63
3. Re: Cab to Manhattan

You would be responsible for the bridge tools if any. If you are not far from Manhattan and it is much cheaper, you might as well take the train. Brooklyn Heights has great views of lower Manhattan and some nice restaurants particularly Grimaldi's which can have long lines for pizza or Miso Sushi which I recommend for Japanese.

Note some parts of Brooklyn such as Brighton Beach can be close to an hour from Manhattan by train so try to get a train map and see how close you are.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 35
4. Re: Cab to Manhattan

Jabei

The subways run 24 hours a day they don't stop.

In the late evenings there are less trains and the Marriott in Brooklyn can be reach from 42nd St and Broadway in Manhattan in about a 30 minute train ride. (you may have to wait for a train tops 10 - 15 min).

The oddest off hours on NYC subway believe it or not are from the when the department stores close around 9 pm till about 11pm when most people start their evening. I have felt much safer weeknights at 2 am on the subway than at 10pm because it was so empty (at 2 am on a thrusday night i couldn't find a seat! until my train reach jay st borough hall where the marriott is located). but lately it is always crowded (crowded is safe in my book)

Marriott is in a great location and is serviced but many, many subway lines - i save cab rides for when i am exhausted or wearing the wrong shoes!!! I hate when that happens!)

Take the subway - if you can use the london underground you can use our subway - i promise.

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 35
5. Re: Cab to Manhattan

Oopps - got carried away

cab ride 42nd & Broadway to brooklyn Marriott $25 - $30 with tip.

subway ride $ 2

take the subway!

qualityQuality
6. Re: Cab to Manhattan

I would stay in hotels that are closer to subway. I find it easey and very cheap to travel in new York.

7. Re: Cab to Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, September 09, 2009