We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Which Fairbanks hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 7
New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

We wonder where to go (after fireworks) for nice dinner with live music, possibly dance. Does Pump House puts on anything special on New Years Eve?

Maybe a restaurant first, then a lively club. Any suggestions?

14 replies to this topic
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

What kind of food do you like? That would help for recommendations. I am not sure about New Years dancing - I would imagine these things will be advertised locally - when do you arrive in Fairbanks? :)

Toronto, Canada
2. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Alaskan fare! Seafood. Any good food. We are keen on good atmosphere and fun, but of course good food is always appeciated.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
3. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Top quality to me would be Lavelle's Bistro (located in the Springhill suites), Pike's Landing, and Gambardella's Pasta Bella. Lots of folks also like the Turtle club, but it is out of town in Fox - known for their prime rib & crab/lobster. Most weekends, Lavelle's has some classy live music, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have something special planned for NYE. That would probably be my top pick. http://www.lavellesbistro.com/

Toronto, Canada
4. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Lavelle's menu looks delicious! Thank you for all the suggestions, plenty to choose from!

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
5. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

My most favorite thing on their menu is their lemon scallops - divine! :)

Toronto, Canada
6. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

We'll certailny going to have it! And since you are in Healy, what would be your food recommendation there - Rose's? It looks like 49th State is closed in the winter.

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
7. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Yes - 49th Brewery's last night was on Saturday. Sigh - our choices for food are very limited in the winter. Though sometimes 229 Parks opens during the winter for weekends only. We have the Totem and Rose's - both with similar menus. Both gas stations have delis with sandwich type food. Are you planning to come to Healy/Denali area during the winter?

Toronto, Canada
8. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

We are staying in Fairbanks but will be driving to Healy for 1 day trip at EarthSong Lodge. We'd probably stop at some diner before heading back to Fairbanks. Simple fare is fine as long as it is good, hot food.

Edited: 7:55 pm, October 31, 2013
Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
9. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Are you going dog mushing with Jon? He is excellent. Too bad you aren't overnighting at the Dome Home - that would be kind of fun.

Well, if you want a real Alaska type experience, Clear Sky lodge has truly some of the best steaks in the area - they are located north of Healy - about half way btw Healy & Nenana. http://www.anderson.govoffice.com/index.asp?Type=B_LOC&SEC={FAE9D5CD-9F3E-448B-8501-645A9A557C2B}&DE={A1894D0C-AE39-4CF1-AC9E-184EB2F28627}

It is a bar and rustic - it isn't non-smoking either. But they do have great steaks.

Also, in Nenana (well - a few miles north), is the Monderosa and they do have some of the best burgers in the area. bearfootguides.com/businessListings/pages/mo…

I would prefer either of these places over Healy winter restaurants myself.

Toronto, Canada
10. Re: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?

Sounds great! Such places are hard to find without a word of mouth.

We are indeed going dog mushing with Jon but just for a day, so we won't be staying overnight in Healy :(

Thanks so much!

Reply to: New Year's Eve in Fairbanks - any suggestions?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted