We are planning a trip to Fairbanks 11/29/13-12/3/13. Though I do not have our flight booked yet, I think we will arrive late afternoon on 11/29. A couple in our early 50's. We enjoy a laid back relaxed type of vacation. This is our anniversary, so we do want to have a nice dinner at least one night. I have a few questions please?
1. I have looked at the Hampton Inn & Suites, staying in a kingsize suite, any thoughts?
2. I have read mixed reviews on the 2 ice musuems, Aurora Ice and Ice Museum, which do you suggest?
3. I love Christmas and want to visit The Santa Claus House. Is their web-site accurate on what it's all about?
4. Would the Georgeson Botannical Gardens be worth a visit during the winter?
5. We are from the deepsouth, so not accustomed to driving in ice and snow. If we visit the places I mentioned, would we need to rent a car or is public transportation a viable option?
6. Restaurant suggestions, fine dining and casual?